Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X10 Floodlight sensor direct replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Floodlight sensor direct replacement?

If I remove the sensor in the X10 flood (PR511), will the HS-FLS100 fit in the same hole in the housing?

baudi It should - in my experience, US cover plates use a common sized hole (and even if it doesn't fit, a replacement plate can be purchased at a Home Depot for a few dollars).

Comment

Wow didn't know there was a zwave plus version now... through HST... hmmmm, my x10 one works flawlessly, so id have to really think about replacing it. It was hit or miss until my garage light switch went bad.. finally... then boom this thing has been solid.

since you are replacing your PR511.. let me know your thoughts...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
        If I remove the sensor in the X10 flood (PR511), will the HS-FLS100 fit in the same hole in the housing?
        I found a pic of it on an Amazon listing and it does appear to use a mounting plate that would be compatible. If your existing sensor actually passes 120v to the bulbs, then our sensor should be a drop in replacement.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I recently replaced my PR511 X10 Floodlight with the new HS-FLS100 and got great advice from Sparkman, He said to wire the new Floodlights to a cheater cord and plug it in to an AC outlet close to the Z wave controller (Smartstick+) in my case. This setup allows you to add the new floodlight to the Z wave network because if the floodlight is too far away from the Z wave controller it cannot be added to the network. The new HS-FLS100 has been working great. No nuisance triggers. With the X10 PR511 during a windy night, leaves blowing in front of the sensor would trigger the sensor, but the HS-FLS100 has not had that problem at all.

Ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
            I recently replaced my PR511 X10 Floodlight with the new HS-FLS100 and got great advice from Sparkman, He said to wire the new Floodlights to a cheater cord and plug it in to an AC outlet close to the Z wave controller (Smartstick+) in my case. This setup allows you to add the new floodlight to the Z wave network because if the floodlight is too far away from the Z wave controller it cannot be added to the network. The new HS-FLS100 has been working great. No nuisance triggers. With the X10 PR511 during a windy night, leaves blowing in front of the sensor would trigger the sensor, but the HS-FLS100 has not had that problem at all.

Ronnie
            I'm not sure I understand. Did you replace the whole flood light or just the sensor on the flood light?

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
              baudi It should - in my experience, US cover plates use a common sized hole (and even if it doesn't fit, a replacement plate can be purchased at a Home Depot for a few dollars).
              I searched for cover plates on the Home Depot site and couldn't find one that looked like it would work. Could you provide a link to the one you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                Wow didn't know there was a zwave plus version now... through HST... hmmmm, my x10 one works flawlessly, so id have to really think about replacing it. It was hit or miss until my garage light switch went bad.. finally... then boom this thing has been solid.

since you are replacing your PR511.. let me know your thoughts...
                I'm not replacing the PR511, I'm just replacing the motion sensor on the PR511.

Comment

I searched for cover plates on the Home Depot site and couldn't find one that looked like it would work. Could you provide a link to the one you're talking about?
                  Take a look at this floodlight kit: https://www.homedepot.com/p/4-in-Rou...25-1/202056243
                  I'm pretty sure if you went to Home Depot you could just buy the cover plate part (if not, the entire kit is only $10).
                  Using this kind of cover plate, you would unscrew the lamp holders from your current PR511 and screw them into this plate along with your new floodlight sensor.

BUT, you shouldn't need the plate - Looking at this: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Dual_Flood...otion_Detector for the PR511, it seems the X10 sensor screws into a standard sized hole in its cover plate - you should be able to unscrew this and insert your Z-Wave sensor. The Home Depot cover plate would just be a backup to doing that.

Comment

I'm not replacing the PR511, I'm just replacing the motion sensor on the PR511.
                    oh so basically removing the X10 and adding Zwave plus!!!!!
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Yes, I just checked and it just screws right into the same hole on the cover (I have a PR511 new in box - it is for sale on eBay if you want it). The only difference is that the X10 sensor has separate neutral (white) wires for power and load, while the FLS100+ has a single neutral (white) wire, so follow the wiring instructions for the FLS100+ and connect all the white wires together.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbru View Post
                        Yes, I just checked and it just screws right into the same hole on the cover (I have a PR511 new in box - it is for sale on eBay if you want it). The only difference is that the X10 sensor has separate neutral (white) wires for power and load, while the FLS100+ has a single neutral (white) wire, so follow the wiring instructions for the FLS100+ and connect all the white wires together.
                        THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

Take a look at this floodlight kit: https://www.homedepot.com/p/4-in-Rou...25-1/202056243
                          I'm pretty sure if you went to Home Depot you could just buy the cover plate part (if not, the entire kit is only $10).
                          Using this kind of cover plate, you would unscrew the lamp holders from your current PR511 and screw them into this plate along with your new floodlight sensor.

BUT, you shouldn't need the plate - Looking at this: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Dual_Flood...otion_Detector for the PR511, it seems the X10 sensor screws into a standard sized hole in its cover plate - you should be able to unscrew this and insert your Z-Wave sensor. The Home Depot cover plate would just be a backup to doing that.
                          Thanks for your help.

Comment

I realize this it old, but if anyone has PR511's or even just the Motion sensor/control section that they would like to get out of their inventory, I would be interested. I have been looking for several.

Comment

The answer is a definitive YES. I've done three.
                              That said, and if anyone's interested, I have three PR511 units, "New in Box" I'd be willing to part with. Bought them as spares and never used.

Edit: MWeske Didn't see your reply just above until just now. Let's talk.
                              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                              X