Association Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Association Problem

I can't seem to be able to associate a Z-Wave controller like a Cooper Controller with the HS-FLS100+ internal switch for the floodlight. I want to be able to operate the floodlight directly from the controller without going through Homeseer. When I try to associate the controller the only option HS gives me is for the FLS100 root device. Any ideas?

User TC1 provided this to me in another thread.

Please check the documentation on the HS Floodlight, you can not do what you are asking as per the documentation:

Z-Wave Group
    The unit supports either one of two Z-wave Association Groups:
    Group 1: Association with 1 Controller node.
    Group 2: Association with 4 nodes (i.e. end devices such as smart plugs and other lighting controllers). This allows the PIR detector on the unit to transfer commands directly to other Z-wave end devices without the participation of the controller. This has the effect that when its detector triggers, all devices associated with unit will be operated.

In other words, the Floodlight can be used to control other Z-wave devices directly when motion is detected, but it does not support another device directly turning on the relay for the lights.

I saw that but I incorrectly thought Group 1: Association with 1 Controller node meant I could associate it with the Zen32 controller. Group 1 is the lifeline to Homeseer (the controller) where HS sees all the activity.

So the answer to my question is NO. You can't create a direct association between a Z-Wave controller and the HS-FLS100+ Floodlight Relay child device.

Comment

Working...
    X