HS-FLS100+ parameter 2 Configuration settings Motion vs On Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-FLS100+ parameter 2 Configuration settings Motion vs On Switch

I'm trying to change parameter 2 of the FloodLight Sensor motion sensor to ignore the dial switch on the back of the unit and instead setup an event to turn the light ON based on PIR motion.

=======================================================

below it is the configuration setting. that I have questions about

Lux sensor threshold: Lux level to activate the PIR. When the lux level falls below this threshold and the PIR gets triggered, the unit emits a Basic Set Command (Value=0xFF) and turns on its floodlight. This overwrites the Lux level set by the Lux knob.

Parameter Size Range Default
    2 2 0,30~200, Factory default at 50
    255 Setting = 0: always don’t turn ON light
    Setting = 30~200: lighting activation by setting
    Setting = 255: turn ON light upon PIR triggered

If the level is set to 0, the unit will not turn on its floodlight. The PIR will still send a notification report to the controller; if the level is set to 255, when motion is sensed, the sensor ignore the ambient brightness but just turn on the light.

================================================

I have two questions

1 what does the Setting =30-255 actually do ? what does 30 mean or what is 255 with respect to the flood light function I don't understand the range. how does this relate to the physical dial switches?

2. What setting is appropriate to stop the PIR from directly turning on the light . Instead I want the PIR motion to trigger an event in HS4, the Event will "Switch" ON the light

Devoir

Following

Comment

Also following... Three installed, want to programmatically set LUX and Time.

Comment

devoir: Regarding question (2.): to stop the PIR from directly turning on the light, use "0" for parameter 2. I grab the Z-wave motion signal and let the controller decide what to do with it. That way, I can turn on the light based on other conditions. (I do it only when my system is in "armed" mode.)

Regarding question (1.): I think the idea here is that the light will only go on when it's dark. So when you walk around your house in day time, it wouldn't make sense for the lights to go on all the time. Therefore, you can set a brightness level above which the PIR will not turn on the light. I believe for 255, the lux level is completely ignored, and the light will go on, no matter what.

Comment

Something with my login went wrong. Just wanted to let everyone know that "Guest" from Williamsburg in post #4 is me

Comment

Guest,

Thanks for your input. I agree if you set a LUX value to can prevent the motion from turning on the lights. I want a way to stop the motion trigger during certain time of the day. Where two sensors sit the sunlight hit's them and they start triggering every second overwhelming the zwave network. I want to turn off the motion sensor to prevent hammering the zwave interface.

If I break it down to an event. I just need the parameter to disable motion

- time after 10 AM
            -set motion sensor parameter = off condition
            - time after 4 PM
            set motion sensor parameter = on condition

Devoir

Comment

I took a different tack with my motion sensor and flood light for my patio. I rewired the fixture so that the sockets were in parallel to the sensor, or in other words, the sockets were always hot. I then installed a couple of Phillip's Hue floodlight bulbs in the fixture (so that the floodlights can be independely controlled).

I then installed a WD200 switch for the patio switch, to take advantage of the multitap. I left the "load" connection unconnected. Now when motion is detected, an event will turn on the patio light for a certain time. I can also turn the light on and leave it on (or turn it off and leave it off). And I can easily prevent the light from coming on from motion during the daytime.

This solution is not for everyone, but I already had hue bulbs, so adding the floodlights was trivial for me. And obviously my patio motion detection will stop working should Homeseer become disabled (but I can still turn on/off the floodlights using the Hue app).

Comment

aa6vj.

I also have a very similar setup I have Hue lights in the sockets. I have the socket and motion sensor wired in parallel. I didn't connect the Load connection of the HS-FLS100 motions sensor to the socket. The light switch controls power to both components

The dilemma is during certain times of the day the sunlight starts triggering the motion sensor multiple times / second which floods the zwave network with traffic. If there was a simple parameter to turn off the motion sensor that would be fantastic.

Many thanks for sharing and confirming your setup.

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                  aa6vj.

The dilemma is during certain times of the day the sunlight starts triggering the motion sensor multiple times / second which floods the zwave network with traffic. If there was a simple parameter to turn off the motion sensor that would be fantastic.

Devoir
                  According to the HS-FLS100 manual, ZWave parameter 1 (2 bytes) indicates how often (seconds) to send the motion detection. I have mine set to 60 seconds, so if I was having your issue, the zwave notification would only occur every minute, and I probably would not even notice.

Comment

aa6vh...... I will have to try that Parameter 1 change..

Devoir

Comment

Working...
                    X