False triggers Parameter HomeSeer HS-FLS100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael,

Many thanks for the suggestion, I can add a Insteon Switch to de-energize the units during Sunrise to sunset.... I haven't looked at the Shelly family... I will have to check them out.

To bad there isn't a parameter to do this on the Zwave device....

Devoir

Comment

devoir Could parameter 4 be used to disable the PIR so it wouldn't trigger at all during the day and then enable it for night.

Comment

cowinger..... I will try that tomorrow and post the status of that test...

Devoir

Comment

I am getting continual motion detected events. Talked with HS. The Sensor Binary does not do anything, so only notification will be Home Security. The lux report time is also the temperature report time, however the lux limit is 900 after which it stops reporting until it drops below that. I cannot turn off the sensor during the day as it "watches" the entry for security reasons.

B.T.W. nobody has reported continual motion detect to HS. You have to let them know of problems, not just do work arounds, to get a product fixed.

Comment

Amen............

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
              I am getting continual motion detected events. Talked with HS. The Sensor Binary does not do anything, so only notification will be Home Security. The lux report time is also the temperature report time, however the lux limit is 900 after which it stops reporting until it drops below that. I cannot turn off the sensor during the day as it "watches" the entry for security reasons.

B.T.W. nobody has reported continual motion detect to HS. You have to let them know of problems, not just do work arounds, to get a product fixed.
              Saw your other post on this subject since May, same problem on two FLS100+ GS's. Finally reported problem to Homeseer Tech yesterday. Have you heard anything back in the last month?

Comment

I had an RMA which replaced the sensor and this one had issues as well. It appeared to not take the parameter 5 (HS or sensor control of light) and I had continual alerts from the notification. A little different than the last but still headed back to NH and I'll try another. Upgraded to beta zwave plug in which is more friendly in parameter adjustment, Taylor in support is working it. [after they fiddled my alexa interface broke ... working that now]

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post

I'm not sure if i'm mis-reading what you wrote, or am experiencing something completely different. I have 4 of these (one for each corner of the house), and they are all CONTINUOUSLY receiving "motion" events that simply don't exist. Day and night. I tested this by climbing up a latter and setting the time setting to the lowest, so the light only stays on a few seconds. The result, is all night long the light is turning on and off...

I'm using HS4, home troller bought directly from Homeseer. Any idea on how or what I should be doing to fix this problem? It's great in theory, but in practice, I have to turn the master switch controlling these to off because it's making my lights go crazy.

Comment

I've updated to the latest version of zwave plug in and hs4. I now get about 8-10 a day of false alarms. I need four but an tyrying to get one to work first. Hs tech support has been no use. I'm going to try another set of deletre and readds to see if it gets better.

Comment

Working...
                    X