FLS-100 constant motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLS-100 constant motion

Every 3 minutes I get a 'no event', followed by a 'motion detected'. All day and night long. I covered the sensor and still get it. Any thoughts?

I have set parameter 5 to 0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-20 130622.png
Views:	706
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1475438

Seeing the same thing. I have opened a ticket with HS. This has NEVER been reported to them. Your timing is a result of parameter 1 (default is 3 minutes)

Comment

I'm seeing the same type of problem with one FLS100+ G2 which is mounted in an outside patio area which has three walls and a roof. The FLS100 is used specifically to send motion detections to HS4 and does not have a local load connected to it. As info, there are a total of four motion sensors monitoring the area which trigger an event and reset a timer to keep several zwave light switches turned on, and then turn off when no motion is detected by any of the four motion detectors. A second FLS100+ G2 seems to behave properly, and two Z00Z ZSE29's also work properly.

The FLS100 is triggering motion continuously, then stops, then starts triggering again. I have reset the motion interval between 180 seconds and 30 seconds, reduced sensitivity to LOW, turned off local load control (there is no load connected). At first I thought the FLS100 was being triggered by something like a spider, but no evidence of that. The sensor is mounted within the roof area and facing the hard surface patio area so its not trees blowing, swinging objects, or other such triggers.

The motion time was set to 180 seconds and retriggering repeatedly. Then reset to 30 seconds around 11PM. So what looks like solid blue is actually 30 second retriggering.

I'm beginning to believe the FLS100+ G2 is defective.

Happy to supply additional information, and appreciative of any insight.

Network and Node ID xxxxxxxx, 8 Manufacturer HomeSeer Technologies LLC (ID=0xC)
      Product Type 0x201 Product ID 0xC
      Z-Wave Plus Node Type ZWP Node Z-Wave Plus Role Type Always On Slave
      Supports Status Yes Library Type Enhanced Routing Slave
      Z-Wave Lib Version 6.08 (Unknown) Application Version 1.0
      Hardware Version 1 Firmware 0 Version 0.6
      Associated Device PatioSensors FARSIDE Motion Sensor N#8
      Cmd Class: Notification
      Cmd Class Version: 8
      Associated Device PatioSensors FARSIDE Temperature N#8
      Cmd Class: Sensor Multilevel
      Cmd Class Version: 5
      Associated Device PatioSensors FARSIDE Luminance N#8
      Cmd Class: Sensor Multilevel
      Cmd Class Version: 5
      Associated Device PatioSensors FARSIDE Switch N#8
      Cmd Class: Switch Binary
      Cmd Class Version: 1
      Firmware Update
      Command Class Version
      4 Association Groups (2) = 1, 2
      Association Group 1 Max=1, Nodes=1 Association Group 2 Max=4, Currently Empty
      Neighboring Nodes One Neighbor: 4

Click image for larger version

Name:	FLS100 G2 Repeat Motion Triggering.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1476592

Comment

Did you let HS know? They profess to have never had a report of the continuous notification. I have returned one and am awaiting another to see if it fails as well. I think if it does I'll just use it to control the spotlight and get a zooz outdoor motion sensor to tie it together. There doesn't seem to be a zwave controller for outdoor spotlights.

Comment

I have a replacement. It fails as well. The symptoms: notification from the "Notification Sensor" about every 8 minutes. It ignores parameter 5 to tell the device not to control the lights. The Home Security Sensor does not alert all the time. I have tried multiple inclusions both secure and non-secure.

Comment

I just installed the FLS100+ G2 today and I'm seeing constant motion detected too. Oddly it did it for 7 hours straight, then all of sudden at 9:17 PM it just stopped. Not off to a good start, but I'm going give it another day. Anyone recall the warranty period, I've had mine for a few months before getting to the install?

Comment

I've put off buying this sensor because of the many reports of this problem I have seen online. Just google it. I'm hoping you all find a solution because I really need a sensor like this. I'm hoping that it's just a nuance of the configuration that can make it more reliable.

Comment

Probably a wise call. I seen bad reviews too, but was hoping by G2 they had worked out the issue. I opened a ticket with HS. Temperature is not accurate, but there is an offset that can be set, but no information on how to figure out the offset. Anyways, we'll see what HS as to say.

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                  Probably a wise call. I seen bad reviews too, but was hoping by G2 they had worked out the issue. I opened a ticket with HS. Temperature is not accurate, but there is an offset that can be set, but no information on how to figure out the offset. Anyways, we'll see what HS as to say.
                  Thank you. I'll watch this thread for any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                    Did you let HS know? They profess to have never had a report of the continuous notification. I have returned one and am awaiting another to see if it fails as well. I think if it does I'll just use it to control the spotlight and get a zooz outdoor motion sensor to tie it together. There doesn't seem to be a zwave controller for outdoor spotlights.
                    I am not using local control capability for the FLS100+ G2. They are being used to report motion, lux and temp only. The HS4 PI server is receiving motion reports from two FLS100's and two ZOOZ ZSE29's and resetting a timer to keep area lighting on until the timer expires after a period of no-motion on all four sensors.

The FLS100+ G2's both exhibit random occurrences of continuous motion when the area is unoccupied. These two separate FL100+ G2's are located approximately 100 feet apart.

For comparison, I included one ZOOZ ZSE29 motion sensor log which covers part of the same area, approximately mid point between the two FLS100's. The activity shown in the ZOOZ is correct as the area was occupied around 8PM and again around 8 AM.

Can anyone direct me to their problem report where I can bump and add to it? This random continuous motion renders the G2's unreliable.

Comment

Sharing the motion reporting since last night through this morning. I also submitted a bug report to support and will see what response I get. Two FLS100's reported nearly continuous motion during this entire interval, pictured attached. Two ZOOZ ZSE29 sensors reported NO motion during this entire interval, one picture attached.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                        I opened a problem ticked yesterday after trying numerous actions such as rescan, re-include, changing sensitivity, motion time, etc. With two FLS100+ G2's installed i changed parameters differently on each to see how they behave. This testing has become nearly a full time job, so ticket opened. Have you heard anything back yet? Maybe firmware, maybe a bad component in the PIR circuit? My ZOOZ XSE29's monitoring parts of the same hardscaped covered patio area are working well but I really wanted hardwired line powered sensors acting as repeaters too, but do not need or want load control for this application. PS: I don't have a similar issue with my dozen or so FLS100+ (non-G2)

Comment

I got no response from HS Tech Support when I opened the ticket. I escalated the ticket after two days of no response. HS put the ticket in pending status.

So I requested a warranty replacement. That finally got some action, however they wanted to try something first. HS noted I was running the beta Z-wave S2 plugin and requested I switch over to non-beta (3.0.2.0), then exclude and re-include the FLS100. Not sure I buy into their diagnosis, since its the FLS acting on its own. However I did what they asked.

Results are mixed after two days. First day I didn't noticed any/much change. Figured I'd watch it over the weekend. Then yesterday I moved my truck that was parked basically to the side and underneath the FLS and its clearly made a difference. I'm going give it a couple more days and monitor. Still an issue if a vehicle cannot be parked near it. (truck had not been moved for days, so if wasn't like a hot vehicle other than from the sun)

Comment

What's been your experience with the device reporting LUX and Temperature? Sure would like to have a reliable unit to cover motion, LUX, and temp.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                              What's been your experience with the device reporting LUX and Temperature? Sure would like to have a reliable unit to cover motion, LUX, and temp.
                              They report in... Not sure I can judge the accuracy of LUX. Stays pegged at 900 lux all day and about an hour before sunset/sunrise it all moves pretty fast (10 minute report in interval) and reached the opposite range within an hour. Snippet below.

Temperature is not accurate. Looks to be off by 6 - 7 degrees off. There is an temp offset parameter, but I haven't found the magic to use to figure out what to push to it. I've asked here, and HS Tech Support. No response from either. Aeotec has a calculation/spreadsheet to set their offset. Doesn't appear to be the same as HS documentation list a hex range and Aeotec is just once a number.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X