FLS-100 constant motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRR View Post

They report in... Not sure I can judge the accuracy of LUX. Stays pegged at 900 lux all day.
    I read somewhere that the LUX is capped at 900. I guess it's really not for true LUX but just to be able to discern day from night.
    Pardon my ignorance, but where did you get the cool chart?

Comment

Device History Plugin, its great for something like this when you can track changes over a period of time. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Device History Plugin, its great for something like this when you can track changes over a period of time. Highly recommend it.
        I briefly checked out that plugin to track the value of a virtual device. I never could get it to work on the virtual. Definitely need to give it a second look.
        Thanks!

Comment

I got no response from HS Tech Support when I opened the ticket. I escalated the ticket after two days of no response. HS put the ticket in pending status.

So I requested a warranty replacement. That finally got some action, however they wanted to try something first. HS noted I was running the beta Z-wave S2 plugin and requested I switch over to non-beta (3.0.2.0), then exclude and re-include the FLS100. Not sure I buy into their diagnosis, since its the FLS acting on its own. However I did what they asked.

Results are mixed after two days. First day I didn't noticed any/much change. Figured I'd watch it over the weekend. Then yesterday I moved my truck that was parked basically to the side and underneath the FLS and its clearly made a difference. I'm going give it a couple more days and monitor. Still an issue if a vehicle cannot be parked near it. (truck had not been moved for days, so if wasn't like a hot vehicle other than from the sun)
          My two FLS100+ G2's are installed UNDER a deck roof with no direct sunlight shining upon them. They are pointing to a completely shaded outdoor 100 ft hardscape deck area, no moving plants or leaves, no fans running, no birds or other continuous activity, no firepits or BBQ's. I have not received a response yet either.

Next step will be to RMA these. I really don't want to replace these with ZOOZ sensors due to the preference for line power at these two locations. As previously mentioned, I have around a DOZEN FLS100+ installed with no such problem and I do like them, and don't miss the temp and lux reporting on those.

View from last 16 hours, overnight continuous triggered motion!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Motion Sensor 4 FLS100 G2 June 22.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1480635

Comment

Originally posted by Bob-O View Post
            Every 3 minutes I get a 'no event', followed by a 'motion detected'. All day and night long. I covered the sensor and still get it. Any thoughts?

I have set parameter 5 to 0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-20 130622.png
Views:	699
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1475438
            For what it is worth . .... . . .. I installed a zwave switch close to the FLS100. I had read a lot that people have issues connecting to the sensor. So the new switch should have improved connectivity, if there was a problem. Immediately after installing the switch the quantity of 'event', 'no event's was greatly reduced. Went from every 3 minutes. To a few times a day. Not sure if that's a red herring or a clue to the puzzle.

Comment

Parameter 5 just sets the light control (HS or sensor). I have had my Z Net interface two feet away from it, but the device (this one) did not seems to take parameter setting. I tried using the beta zwave plugin. RMA'ing for another try.

Comment

New one showed up. Same thing. Continual alerting and ignoring parameter 5.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                  Parameter 5 just sets the light control (HS or sensor). I have had my Z Net interface two feet away from it, but the device (this one) did not seems to take parameter setting. I tried using the beta zwave plugin. RMA'ing for another try.
                  HS Tech Support told me not to use the beta z-wave as they thought that was my issue. My as improved, but I think it has more to do with not having my truck parked near it, SMH. Still need to move that back and test. Temperature is still off, and no one at HS seems to know, or not sharing it, in how to adjust the offset.

Comment

third time is not the charm. I am on my third device (GEN 2). Same thing as reported earlier. Anyone getting it to work at all.

Comment

I wonder if this is related to the issue reported here:
                      Originally posted by hasinasi View Post
                      Update: I solved my issue as reported on the linked Home Assistant web page.

Comment

I see the same luminance values. Basically this is a day/night sensor. To get it to recognize parmeter 5 (HS control switch) I have now been told to try to make parameter 1 (PIR tmeout) greater than two minutes. Anyone try this and seen it work?

Comment

Just an update. The device started with 240 and I made it bigger. It made no difference. This is a device that was purchased in May and HS cannot get it to work. And far as I can tell really does not care.

Comment

Here are my parameters and log. If someone has this device (G2) working could they post their parameters. I am on the latest beta updates for HS and Z wave.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's my settings. Somewhat interesting I couldn't see these Z-wave Settings until I upgraded to the latest Z-wave plug-ins.

As I reported in this same thread, when I opened a ticket with HS on my issues with the G2, they told me they thought it was related to the beta Z-wave plugins. So, I switched over to non-beta, excluded and re-included. Gotta say it seems to be working now.

I've recently installed the newest Z-wave plugin and GUI and the G2 seems okay now. I can now change the temperature offset (terribly inaccurate) now too. I noticed in your screen shot you have the option to adjust, I never did. I kept asking HS support, but they never responded - terrible service! I'd like to order a couple more, but based upon the service HS provided I don't think I will.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here's my settings. Somewhat interesting I couldn't see these Z-wave Settings until I upgraded to the latest Z-wave plug-ins.

As I reported in this same thread, when I opened a ticket with HS on my issues with the G2, they told me they thought it was related to the beta Z-wave plugins. So, I switched over to non-beta, excluded and re-included. Gotta say it seems to be working now.

I've recently installed the newest Z-wave plugin and GUI and the G2 seems okay now. I can now change the temperature offset (terribly inaccurate) now too. I noticed in your screen shot you have the option to adjust, I never did. I kept asking HS support, but they never responded - terrible service! I'd like to order a couple more, but based upon the service HS provided I don't think I will.
                                Are you getting the false motion triggering others have reported? I've been holding off getting one of these because of all the complaints.

Comment

Working...
                                X