Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip3
    replied
    i have had mine for over a year now... i have only one. it was the second unit i received because the first one would constantly signal MOTION DETECTED. no manner of settings change fixed it. also the temperature reading was way off. this second unit received under RMA, worked well, however, would signal MOTION DETECTED when i turned the bathroom GE Enbrighten zwave connected switch OFF.... the light from the window may have been causing the sensor to see motion.... or... OR... the units power design is so sensitive to its input voltage that it could sense an input power fluctuation, and cause a gremlin in the circuit board to do gremlin things..... the anomaly was random, i could never point it to a time of day, a temperature, a voltage spike, nothing... finally i had some time a month ago, to dial it in, and opened a ticket with support. supports recommendation was to remove the device and add it again. i did this, and still it exhibited the same weird behavior, as soon as i turned off the bath light, motion detected.... so i decided to turn the PIR Sensitivity Level down to LOW in the settings, and i have not experienced this anomaly once. i can only surmise that the electrical design of the unit needs to be revisited and re-enginerded. with the infrared sensitivity on low, i can still surveil all the area i need to by the sensor, so im not totally unhappy... however, if i had a bigger area to monitor, the Low setting might not be enough. in the end, im still happy with the unit, but... for how long. one close lightning strike, or power surge from the power company, and i might be putting this thing out with a fire extinguisher.

Leave a comment:

• clahote
    replied
    Just noticed that these have a 25% 1-star rating on Amazon, with most of the negative comments relating to constant motion. Hope there is acknowledgement of the issue in the form of a firmware update or new hardware version soon.

Leave a comment:

• ruhtra
    replied
    Fwiw I've managed to fix my G2 sensor (firmware 1.0) that has been detecting constant motion for several months. I installed it a couple years ago. I noticed water on the inside of the curved front and there was actually quite a bit of water inside (just removed the four screws on the back). I let it dry out and also drilled holes on the bottom and covered it with cloth to keep bugs out. It's been working fine for several days now.

I realize this probably doesn't apply to those who are having trouble with newly purchased/installed units. But I thought I should add my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• clahote
    replied
    I did get a unit replaced under warranty for the constant motion issue. The replacement came with v1.1 firmware and exhibits the same behavior. Attached video documents the behavior with a unit on a test bench, connected to a light and just a few feet from the controller, set to Low sensitivity and facing a black backdrop to prevent motion detection. It fired every x seconds, where x is the On Time setting. I've given up on these and am anxiously awaiting 800 LR offerings.

Last edited by clahote; July 24, 2023, 07:44 PM. Reason: Added video

Leave a comment:

• whisperer
    replied
    I have had the same issues with the HS-FLS100. Support has been useless. Even though I started seeing the issue before the 1 year warranty, since I opened the ticket after 1 year from the sales receipt, they wanted me to buy a new one. Unacceptable support. They also refuse to acknowledge that some newer G2 ship with newer 1.1 firmware. I really hope an alternative hits the market soon, so that I can remove the last of the Homeseer devices I have in my network.

Leave a comment:

• clahote
    replied
    If you can find a used Gen 1 HS-FLS100+, we've had zero issues with constant motion on the original sensor and have replaced a couple G2 units with the original as a short-term solution, since a firmware fix doesn't appear to be in the cards. Long-term, Zooz is coming out with an outdoor 700/800 series LR sensor in late summer that's worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• ecetron
    replied
    Well no luck ... one is unreliable and constantly finds motion. The other is more reliable but is impossible to point and trigger consistently. What is the best independent z-wave motion sensor out there? I can mount one (line powered) on my steps pointing directly down the driveway and then use it to trigger the lights directly and ignore the PIR sensors. And I found out that the super expensive 007 lights use the same base HS units...

Leave a comment:

• ecetron
    replied
    And I found cycling Power reloads the parameters if they have been changed. Very odd behavior

Leave a comment:

• njmopar
    replied
    Mine started acting up again out of nowhere. Same exact thing. What does seem to resolve for a few days, is turning off the wall switch power. But a few days later, it comes back again with endless triggering.
    I opened another tech support ticket. I suggest that others do as well to push the issue.

Leave a comment:

• ecetron
    replied
    Well I just joined the party. I've set the report time to 1440 with no impact. Interestingly enough, one seems to work, at least for now, with no crazy reporting, but:

3/15/2023 23:06:40 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to ON
    3/15/2023 23:06:40 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
    3/15/2023 23:06:39 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to OFF
    3/15/2023 23:06:39 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
    3/15/2023 23:03:39 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to ON
    3/15/2023 23:03:39 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
    3/15/2023 23:03:38 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to OFF
    3/15/2023 23:03:38 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
    3/15/2023 23:00:38 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to ON
    3/15/2023 23:00:38 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
    3/15/2023 23:00:37 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to OFF
    3/15/2023 23:00:37 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event
    3/15/2023 22:57:37 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to ON
    3/15/2023 22:57:37 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: Motion Detected
    3/15/2023 22:57:36 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Set to OFF
    3/15/2023 22:57:36 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Floor Front Entrance Floodlight Sensor G2 Rt Motion Sensor Set to NOTIFICATION for type Home Security, Event: No Event

Both are brand new with Ver 1.1 firmware. I have set them both back to interval of 10 since 1440 seems to make no difference. Need to get some sort of resolution on this one other wise they are next to useless as when it DOES cycle it also turns on the LEDs themselves.

And neither got the power management child device either so I get these once in a while - even after a rescan and one added secure (which failed and went unsecure) and one unsecure directly.

3/15/2023 23:18:00 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Error Notification Report from node 82 for type Power Management Notification received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2, Type=8)
    3/15/2023 23:18:00 Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Error Notification Report from node 81 for type Power Management Notification received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2, Type=8)

Might have to climb up the ladder and replace them with another solution - just don't know of another similar product except the 007 series at some wild almost 200 dollars price...

-ed

​​​

Leave a comment:

• socalsharky
    replied
    I guess it is good to know that setting the report interval to 140 helps solves the problem, but really, how ridiculous is that? By setting the report interval to 140 you pretty much negate two of the sensor values that the unit is supposed to report - temp and lux. All of my other temperature sensors update at intervals no greater than 10 minutes. 140 minutes is an eternity if you are trying to do anything useful with that data.

The lack of attention to this problem by Homeseer is very disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• njmopar
    replied
    So far I have been lucky with just changing to "140".
    You have tried a full optimize under the zwave menu? May help relearn neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• clahote
    replied
    Changing report interval to 1440 was a temporary fix, issue returned a few days later. We've tried Z-Wave plugins 3.0.10.0, 3.0.11.0 beta, 4.0.3.0 and 4.1.0.3 beta, all with the same result: after some random time (usually days), constant motion is triggered and can continue for hours. Viewing or changing floodlight parameters often triggers this behavior, as sometimes does just testing connectivity.

All are G2 units, some are firmware 1.0, others 1.1, all periodically experience the issue.

As mentioned before, these units are at the edges of Z-Wave range and that appears to be a contributing factor. We've added 700-series Aeotec repeaters, 700-series Leviton outlets and/or WX300 switches within 3 feet of several and that has reduced but not eliminated the issue. Unfortunately we've had to disable motion control and notifications and only use the units to control the lights via Z-wave commands.

Anxiously awaiting a Zooz 800-series LR outdoor sensor to test that is slated for a spring release.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    hey all,... think i have similar problem but might be slightly different.

First gen unit... motion was triggered several days ago and never reset. I've cut power to it and it stills shows tripped back on Jan 5. Audits etc also don't work.

there also looks to be condensation in the lens of the motion sensor. Has anyone seen this?

I read this thread but didn't see any way to reset (or missed it). Any thoughts?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• njmopar
    replied
    Hello. New user here.
    Had same issue with the endless loop of activity at times. I opened a tech support ticket and was told to set the update interval to anything above 120. So far so good at 140 for me. So the 1440 mentioned above would work as well, but if you want somewhat regular device value updates, then try 120+

Leave a comment:

Working...
X