Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS-FS100-L Indicator Light Sensor Now Available!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS-FS100-L Indicator Light Sensor Now Available!

We've been working on this for a while and now it's here! Our new indicator light sensor is designed to monitor things in your house that have indicator lights. Use it trigger events or get notifications when things like this happen:

Receive notifications when...
    • Dehumidifier needs to be emptied
    • Humidifier needs to be filled
    • Water softener needs more salt
    • Washing machine turns off
    • Dryer turns off
    • Computer or network equipment needs attention
    • Home entertainment gear turns on or off
    • Security panel lights come on
    • Heating or cooling equipment need attention
    • The freezer has stopped working
    Learn More: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...ve-flex-sensor

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-FS100-L-500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1284697
    website | products | support | youtube

Glad this has arrived. Now to actually pay attention to my dryer and see if the indicator lights will work with this...

It's worth mentioning here as it's only written on the second page of the manual: This device will act as a Z-Wave repeater when included on USB power.

Comment

Comment

Any way this could detect a blinking indicator that normally is on?
        Don

Comment

Does this keep track of only one light? Just on or off? Our washer light is red until it completes and then changes to green. Could this device detect the change in color?

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
            Any way this could detect a blinking indicator that normally is on?
            Don- it detects change. The change can be from off to on, on to off, or from color to color.

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
            Does this keep track of only one light? Just on or off? Our washer light is red until it completes and then changes to green. Could this device detect the change in color?
            yes. it will detect a change and simply report it as a change of color.

Comment

Understood. Thanks
              Don

Comment

Just received and installed the FS100 to detect water under the washer in the laundry room. Quarters are so tight that I could never get one of the other water sensors on my system into position under or behind the washer. Okay, I could, but I'd never be able to retrieve it to replace batteries. The water sense cable solves that problem as I can have the unit on the counter above the washer/dryer.

It has, however, prompted a question about the child devices that I've pondered before. The child device "water notification" is obviously the one to test for the presence or absence of water. Likewise "battery" and "temperature" are obvious. But what is the purpose of child devices "sensor binary" and "switch binary".

Comment

Originally posted by OldVMer View Post
                  Just received and installed the FS100 to detect water under the washer in the laundry room. Quarters are so tight that I could never get one of the other water sensors on my system into position under or behind the washer. Okay, I could, but I'd never be able to retrieve it to replace batteries. The water sense cable solves that problem as I can have the unit on the counter above the washer/dryer.

It has, however, prompted a question about the child devices that I've pondered before. The child device "water notification" is obviously the one to test for the presence or absence of water. Likewise "battery" and "temperature" are obvious. But what is the purpose of child devices "sensor binary" and "switch binary".
                  Switch binary controls the built in buzzer. Sensor binary is provided for compatibility with other (non-HomeSeer) hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Switch binary controls the built in buzzer. Sensor binary is provided for compatibility with other (non-HomeSeer) hubs.
                    in that case, can the "Sensor binary" child device be safely deleted in HomeSeer?

Comment

How many sensors does it support? For example, can the HS-FS100-L support a light sensor and a water sensor? Or, 2 light sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                        How many sensors does it support? For example, can the HS-FS100-L support a light sensor and a water sensor? Or, 2 light sensors?
                        It only has one input jack so it probably can only support one sensor at a time, so only one light sensor or one length of water sensor. You can daisy chain multiple water sensors together to make a longer water sensor.

Comment

Sure would have been nice if the interface was 1-wire then if could have been setup for multiple sensors. A good example would have been for a washer. You could have more than one light sensor so you could detect faults as well as on plus water. The device would then return all three values.
                          John (N6BER), Joyce, Lucas (Golden Ret mix), Bella (Great Pyrenees) and Lance (GP).

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.478
                          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                          Number of Devices: 347
                          Number of Events: 535
                          Available Threads: 399
                          HSTouch Enabled: True

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak
                          2.0.59.0: BLBackup
                          3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
                          1.3.6927.42284: LiftMaster MyQ
                          3.4.18.2: mcsMQTT
                          3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                          0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P
                          3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                            Sure would have been nice if the interface was 1-wire then if could have been setup for multiple sensors. A good example would have been for a washer. You could have more than one light sensor so you could detect faults as well as on plus water. The device would then return all three values.
                            I was just thinking about that.

However, if it were 1-wire it would probably require some sort of electronics in the sensor as well as power to make it work. This increases complexity and cost.

Comment

From the pictures it looks like it has a 3 wire cable which likely, but by no means assured, that the cable has GND, +V and Signal/Sensor lead.
                              John (N6BER), Joyce, Lucas (Golden Ret mix), Bella (Great Pyrenees) and Lance (GP).

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.478
                              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                              Number of Devices: 347
                              Number of Events: 535
                              Available Threads: 399
                              HSTouch Enabled: True

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak
                              2.0.59.0: BLBackup
                              3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
                              1.3.6927.42284: LiftMaster MyQ
                              3.4.18.2: mcsMQTT
                              3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                              0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P