Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS-FS100-W Perimeter Water Sensor Now Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-FS100-W Perimeter Water Sensor Now Available!

We've been working on this for a while and now it's here! Our new perimeter water sensor works with a fluid-sensing cable to detect leaks over a far larger area than most water sensors. The unit comes with a 4 foot cable but may be used with extension cables to cover a much larger area.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS-FS100-W-500.jpg Views:	217 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	1284703
    Last edited by macromark; December 22, 2020, 06:26 PM.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

This is a nice option for under the sink where I recently had a leak and my detector that was scooted over accidentally didn't detect the slow leak.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

A few weeks ago my laundry room sink overflowed. It took several hours to clean up the mess.

Great idea to include a USB port to power it.

I like that it can cover up to 300 feet. Would it be possible to use an extension cable between sensors. Example: I have a sump pump a sink and washer in my utility room. Could I plug a regular TRRS extension cable (like for head phones) into the unit than a water sensing cable than another TRSS extension cable and a water sensing cable, etc., etc. up to 300 feet?

When will be selling additional cables?

Comment

Originally posted by macromark
        extra fluid-sensing cables
        Will these cables work with the HS-LS100+?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by macromark; December 22, 2020, 06:27 PM.
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Will these cables work with the HS-LS100+?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          No

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
            A few weeks ago my laundry room sink overflowed. It took several hours to clean up the mess.

Great idea to include a USB port to power it.

I like that it can cover up to 300 feet. Would it be possible to use an extension cable between sensors. Example: I have a sump pump a sink and washer in my utility room. Could I plug a regular TRRS extension cable (like for head phones) into the unit than a water sensing cable than another TRSS extension cable and a water sensing cable, etc., etc. up to 300 feet?

When will be selling additional cables?
            +1 on an external power option. These are things that are easy to forget to check the battery levels on (knowing how flakey z-wave battery reporting can be sometimes)

Comment

I like the looks of this and have a few questions:

I have been using the old Aeotec water sensors to inform us when the Pet water bowl is getting low (one with a reservoir). I have had the base mounted up under the bowl and the sensor such that the water level will drop below the probes and warn us before the pump starts sucking air and making noise. When cleaning the bowl I am sure the body of the sensor is getting wet/damp and that is helping cause them to fail after a couple years. I just had my second one fail so was considering other options.

I was about to purchase the LS100+ and splice the cable, putting a plug in-line so I can mount the body on the wall and just have the sensor in the bowl. I would be willing to pay a little more for this one if I can easily plug the sensor in and it is externally powered.

1. Will this work to monitor for loss of water? Can I leave the sensor (even the one supplied) submerged for long periods of time and it inform me if there is no longer water detected? (another example would be in the back of a toilet to monitor when it is flushed).

2. Would there be a future offering of a "Point" Sensor also so I can place the sensor at an exact location to measure? This is not as important if the Jack contacts are documented as to which ones are for the water and which are for the Light detection (If there is a difference) so I can easily make my own.

3. Is there(or could there be) an alarm if no cable is plugged into the base unit? For the loss of water detection this should not be a problem, but if I were trying to detect water in the basement and the cable was accidentally unplugged, or not plugged in well, I would never know. This is not a deal-breaker, just something that might be nice for additional peace of mind.
              Last edited by Grundcm; February 14, 2019, 05:10 PM. Reason: Additional Thoughts:

Comment

Comment

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                    Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity?
                    No

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

No
                      Thank you.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

No
                        I would like to buy an β€˜β€™ original cable’’ for the light.

is thwre a way to make a price for that?

Comment

Are these products no longer available? The links above are not going to any pages, 404 page errors. I would like to purchase an extension cable.
                          extra fluid-sensing cables.

Comment

this:

Aeotec Water Sensor 6 for Home Security Z-Wave Plus Water Leak Detector Smart Flood Sensor Freeze Sensor Temperature Detector (Lasso Sensor) - - Amazon.com

could be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by viscerator View Post
                              Are these products no longer available? The links above are not going to any pages, 404 page errors. I would like to purchase an extension cable.
                              extra fluid-sensing cables.
                              We ran into supply problems with the cables and had to discontinue the product. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X