Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrceolla
    replied
    My point is there are much cheaper alternatives, granted they don't cover the area this one can. You could buy 2-3 of the other devices for the price of this one, though, to make up for the difference in coverage ;-) I already have some leak sensors so I understand their worth.

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    However, $45 is a bit much for a water sensor. So is $10 for 4ft of additional cable. I'll have to wait for a better sale than the $5 off the sensor only.
    Every water leak issue I have ever had caused well more than $45 or $55 in damage.

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize that was already in their inventory. Good to know and thanks! I'll plan to skip that item if/when I purchase one of these. I love the water cable idea. So much better than two tiny contacts. However, $45 is a bit much for a water sensor. So is $10 for 4ft of additional cable. I'll have to wait for a better sale than the $5 off the sensor only.

Leave a comment:

• drhtmal
    replied
    That is just the standard USB power supply that HomeSeer ships with things like the Zee S2 and the Z-net. As Timom said it is highly unlikely that that little sensor needs 2+ amps of power.

I suspect that it was just easier to sell the existing USB power supply that HomeSeer already distributes as opposed to adding another smaller USB power supply to their inventory.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    I can't see where it's more that a few milliamps or it wild kill a battery very quickly. I've got some old micro USB power supplies used to for bluetooth headsets that hopefully would work great.

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    started a topic Amp requirements of flex sensor module

Amp requirements of flex sensor module

Hi,

I see the suggested micro USB charger module is quite a beefy one. Up to 2.4A, but it also has a standard USB port built into it in addition to the micro cable. Is that really what this device requires, 2.4A? I couldn't locate any info on the flex sensor itself other than 3xAAA or micro USB power. I'd love to be able to use one of my other 2 dozen USB power adapters. Does anyone know what the device itself actually requires? Does the required amperage go up if you daisy chain more water detection cables together?

Thanks!
Working...
X