Flex sensor not resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex sensor not resetting

I have two flex sensors with the water sensor lines plugged into them. One is showing water since Oct 7 (and it's been dry all along) - I unplugged it and replugged the sensor today and no change. The other, in an adjacent room, is strangely also showing water even though there isn't any. Any suggestions?

Attached Files

I'll toss out some ideas.

Have you tried re-scanning the devices? Have you tried replacing the batteries to see if that re-sets the device? I would try leaving the batteries out for a minute or two to drain any capacitors.

If you unplug the water sensor cord and plug it back in, does it reset the value?

Comment

Hi AllHailJ,
      Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I initiate a re-scan?

I have tried replacing the batteries, but I haven't done the long wait between. Will try that.

I have unplugged and replugged the sensors on both and they don't reset.

Comment

You can go to the device you wish to scan, double click on the device, then the z-wave tab should be selected and you can rescan the device. You will have to wake the device right after you start the rescan so it can respond.

I can offer a script that will set the VGPair (The Value Grapic pair type that holds the image and the text for a device.) but since it is a battery device I don't know how you can wake the device and run the script in during the open communication interval.

Comment

crossoft Did you ever get them to reset. I have two and was testing and am unable so far to reset the "Water Detected"
          I've dried out the wire ropes, removed batteries, rescanned the device, But so far no joy.
          My other HS Leak detector (non perimeter) resets as soon as no water is detected. These seem to latch and can't find a way to reset.

Comment

Negative. My observation is almost everything from HS is pretty fragile and feels homebrew or beta, unfortunately. I wish them the best but no luck here with their devices.

Comment

Having the same issue trying to test one. Is there a hardware reset procedure that might clear it?

Comment

Well, after much playing around there are 3 options: -

1/ If you are operating on batteries, after the water leak is detected, you can delete the "Water Leak Notification" child node and then rescan the device.
                This probably requires you to update any events etc you probably had triggered as the child node is new. Not ideal
                2/ Operate the sensor on USB power. This works as you would expect. Water leak detected almost instantly and when it is dry the status updates and returns to OK.
                Problem is, if you were on batteries, it seems you need to get it to detect water again and then dry out to update as its latched in "Water detected" See option 3
                3/ If on batteries, make yourself a little reset wire harness (this is also how I was testing, fed up wetting and drying) you can then power the unit temporarily on USB, have it detect water, and then have it detect dry. Remove USB and run in battery mode again.

Cable to test/reset is a 4 pole 1/8th / 3.5mm plug. Tip and first ring are the contacts for wet/dry (short/open)
                The 2nd ring and sleeve are shorted together, as this is what tells the sensor it's a leak detector cable. Got a couple prewired from Amazon, cheaper than just the plugs.

Note: The sensor gets upset if you plug and unplug the cable with power on. Remove USB and batteries before plugging in or removing the cable.

Found that out from this https://zlinkproducts.com/wp-content...G_091418_2.pdf which has this extra bit of info: -

​​​​​​Please be sure the sensor module is powered off before plugging in the 3D water sensing cable and starting the inclusion process. When adding or removing optional extension cables, be sure to have LD-100 powered off.

Based on this, I'm going to run one of my sensors with USB and batteries installed in case that circuit trips in the mechanical room and from testing the batteries seem to take over.

Summary, The HS-FS100+W has a bug when on batteries that fails to send the status change when no water is detected. Works fine on USB power.

At least that what a few hours and some soldering has discovered.

Comment

Came to pretty much the same conclusions as you except I did eventually get it to reset on battery. I deleted and re-enrolled the entire sensor then set it off and then used a hair dryer to speed drying time. Still took awhile but eventually reset. Made an adapter cable to use a Yolink rope sensor (same pinout as you describe) and that worked fine but same delay resetting. Also set up a Yolink sensor to talk to Homeseer via an Alexa routine managing a Homeseer virtual device. Response on that is much faster both for trigger and reset. I'm going to stick with the Yolink solution and put the Homeseer unit up on Ebay for somebody who really wants it.

Comment

Working...
                  X