New $29.95 Leak Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norcalhkr View Post
    What is the material of your plenum? I have created false readings with metal surfaces.

For the temp side, did you try changing the parameters to enable?
    It's plywood and very dry from what I can tell. I think it might be the moving air that is humid and setting it off.

No, I didnt know about enabling the parms.

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    I don't know what the heat thing is either but in the case of the temp it is a little tricky to get the temp turned on. I had to press the tamper button every 1/2 sec to get the blue light to stay solid. It then returned a list under settings. I set the temp parameter (19) for 5 min and did the same 1/2 sec. press to finally get it to set it. You have to continue to press the button per above until it returns the full list of parameters. If you quit before that it will only return a partial list and not set anything.
    In the case of humidity I have had to stick the sensor onto a thin dry sponge. This will guard it against most humidity levels but water will soak into the sponge with a leak and trigger it.
    Great idea - thanks!
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      It's plywood and very dry from what I can tell. I think it might be the moving air that is humid and setting it off.

No, I didnt know about enabling the parms.

Great idea - thanks!
      Welcome. I made an impression on the sponge and then I took a toothpick and made a little hole where the 3 pins are and set it in those holes. Keeps them away from the air for the most part. At least it stopped the false alarms. Helps with metal surfaces too.

Comment

Working...
      X