New $29.95 Motion Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post

I had similar issues with the aeotec multisensor 6. After researching how motion sensors actually work I discovered that the field of motion detection is not a solid cone shape as I naturally assumed. Apparently its more like your hand, fingers to be more accurate. Imagine multiple finger shaped waves inside the cone, longer in the middle and shortening towards the edge of the cone. As you walk into these fingers, motion is detected, so there will be areas of high and low sensitivity depending on how you move into these "fingers of detection". Walking across the fingers triggers motion more accurately then walking towards them, but to position sensors like this isn't practical, hallway for example (you will walk towards the fingers). The tips of these "fingers" will be most sensitive to motion (in a hallway situation) so if the detection range is set too high, those tips go through the wall (say in a short corridor) so you have to play around and actually having a lower range can make the detection more accurate/quicker. The illuminating light on these sensors is when data is sent, but I imagine once motion is detected that data is sent pretty much instantaneously hence it lights up when it actually detects motion. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Steaktastic87, I’ve tried doing jumping jacks 3-7 feet in front of it and then going toward and way from the sensor but nothing seems to trigger it after it triggers the first time. Unless I exit the room for a couple of seconds....then the instant I cross the door threshold it triggers and sends the signal.
    I really think it’s a firmware issue that HS needs to address or it could be a hardware issue....not sure...it seems to be working fine for rmasonjr so maybe it’s just an issue with the three that I have installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

If it's a firmware issue it should be easy for HS to fix. I was just about to order one for the Kitchen so it would trigger my hot water recirculating pump but if there actually is a problem I'll need to hold.

In the bathrooms I have the GS/Jasco motion switch. I use switches as they control the fan then HS3 handles the dimmers. This way when you walk into a bathroom the hot water recirculating pump starts.

In the kitchen I don't have a location where I can put one that doesn't also trigger when entering the family room so I was gong to put a MS100+ near the ceiling since I can get power to it from the cove lighting outlet that has both a switched and a hot position.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
        If it's a firmware issue it should be easy for HS to fix. I was just about to order one for the Kitchen so it would trigger my hot water recirculating pump but if there actually is a problem I'll need to hold.

In the bathrooms I have the GS/Jasco motion switch. I use switches as they control the fan then HS3 handles the dimmers. This way when you walk into a bathroom the hot water recirculating pump starts.

In the kitchen I don't have a location where I can put one that doesn't also trigger when entering the family room so I was gong to put a MS100+ near the ceiling since I can get power to it from the cove lighting outlet that has both a switched and a hot position.
        I agree it should be an easy fix, just a matter of HS having time and focus for this issue for it to happen.

I have to say that I really like the design of these motion sensors, because of the circular magnetic swivel that makes it really easy to focus it exactly where you want it and its size is great too. If the issue was just with a single motion sensor I would say give it a shot but I’m hesitant to buy another because of the issues I’ve had with them. It seems that rmasonjr has one that is working for him....maybe his is for sale? Ha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I only need one for the Kitchen and I'm ordering some Fan controllers so I may just toss one in. If it doesn't work I'll return it.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I have a couple of these and they work much better if you tone down the sensitivity some. It is parameter 12. See pdf. I have mine set on 5 and they still have adequate distance. I don't see false alarms inside.
            HS-MS100v1b.pdf
            Attached Files

Comment

I only have 1 of the HS-MS100s, but i have six of the Zooz ZSE18s. Hardware wise these are identical.

From those six, I can tell you the sensitivity isn't consistent across units. One in particular is much slower to send reports than the others. Another picks up motion quite well at the edges but seems to struggle with things moving directly in front of it.

Three of them are now USB powered and behave as repeaters. Parameter 12 (sensitivity) set to the highest level, 8. And the report interval set to 10 seconds, which is only 7 seconds above the minimum allowed. These ones work great, but using those parameters would kill a battery powered unit pretty fast.

I use the Zooz's because the "include as repeater" function actually worked. I couldn't get it to work on the HS. Also I've never gotten the battery report to work on the HS, works on the Zooz.

Comment

Working...
              X