Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does HS-MS100+ motion sensor report battery level and act as a repeater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does HS-MS100+ motion sensor report battery level and act as a repeater?

I'm running HS3 ver 3.0.0.435 with z-wave plugin ver 3.0.1.249. In this environment, does the HS-MS100+ sensor report battery level? My understanding that the HS product is derived from a Zooz product. The Zooz is apparently capable of reporting battery level. Additionally, I read a post here that said the HS sensor did not report battery status. The result is some concern over buying the HS product. Might be unfounded and I'd really like a factual answer so that I may make an informed decision.

An additional question I have is whether the HS product will operate as a repeater when plugged in. Repeating z-wave signals was a great improvement introduced with z-wave plus. Again, I've read the Zooz does it. Can the HS also work as a repeater?

macromark, or anyone else, will you please provide a definitive answers?

Thanks in advance!

If the hardware is running on batteries it will not act as a repeater and it should be reporting battery status and if it's not check the associations with HS3.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In order for it to act as a repeater, you must hold down the inclusion button for about 5 seconds until the light blinks -- if you include it just by pressing the inclusion button, it will add as a non-repeater and will sleep. Of course, if you add it in repeater mode, you should power it via USB or the battery will die quickly.

These instructions are from the Zooz ZSE18 Motion Sensor which I have and have added using this method. I understand the Zooz and HomeSeer to be the same sensor (just rebranded). See http://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/55-add-your-zse18-motion-sensor-as-signal-repeater-on-usb-power/

Comment

Thanks. I knew about having to be plugged in to repeat.

This is the post that concerned me as to whether battery status and repeating worked.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-sensor/page6

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
          Thanks. I knew about having to be plugged in to repeat.
          Yeah, its a bit unclear for this Zooz / HomeSeer sensor. The "logical" thing would be for it to act as a repeater if its running on USB or if added to the Hub while USB powered, but you actually have to take the extra step of holding down the button in a "special" way while adding it to the hub and the HomeSeer instructions (last I checked) don't tell you to do this.

Comment

Can anyone here that actually owns and uses the device confirm they are getting battery charge status from the HS device?

Let me frame my concern about battery status. I originally was solely an insteon user. I have many insteon window/door sensors that are battery operated. I get no battery status. When they stop working, for some period of time I am exposed from a security standpoint. Recently I have been moving more and more to z-wave plus. The z-wave battery powered devices seem to do a good job of reporting. As such, I can be proactive in replacing the batteries and therefore am not exposed. The hint that these HS motion sensors might not report battery status warranted further research before purchase. That is where I'm at.

Comment

I own this device and the Zooz ZSE18s. The HS device has never reported battery status correctly for me and I could not get it to behave as a repeater node.

I did not have these issues with the Zooz devices. As a result I bought several of the ZSE18s, rather than the HS model.

Note that when including the zse18 as a repeater node, no battery status child device will be created in HS3.

Comment

I installed mine at the end of November, battery level was reported one time and has not reported since.

Comment

Working...
                X