Association with light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Association with light

I'm trying to associate this motion sensor with a light that is about 8 feet from it and I can't get it to work. Are there any hidden parameters that I don't know about? What settings should be applied to the motion sensor? This is driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated.

Bump. I guess to put it another way, has anyone been been able to associate this sensor with a light? I tried with another one thinking that the initial one was a dud and still no luck. I'm starting to think you can't associate this sensor with a light. Is that right?

Comment

Bump. Disappointed and frustrated no one has tried this. It’s an HS product, should I not be buying these? I was gonna by 20, think I should. Fibaro more expensive but similar form factor and can associate with lights. Should I bite the bullet and buy fibaro?

Comment

Have you contacted support with your question? A lot of people don't use device associations so maybe they haven't tried and maybe this sensor doesn't support it. I don't know but you should contact support to find out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
          Have you contacted support with your question? A lot of people don't use device associations so maybe they haven't tried and maybe this sensor doesn't support it. I don't know but you should contact support to find out for sure.
          I guess I will. I'm surprise more people don't associate a motion sensor with a light if that is true. It's much quicker and reliable in my opinion. Thanks.

Comment

did you get this working?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post

I guess I will. I'm surprise more people don't associate a motion sensor with a light if that is true. It's much quicker and reliable in my opinion. Thanks.
              I don't associate motion with lights...
              I setup a motion device
              I setup a light device
              I setup an event.. if motion then light on

interesting - never thought of using an association.. well I have never used an association, or scene... so something for me to dive into someday...
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post

I find associations useful under some circumstances, however I often want more control over how the interaction between devices so will use an event. In the example of motion I may not want to simply turn the device on or off or may want different types of processing depending on for example the time of day.

Comment

If I understand correctly, they work even if HS is down....useful for a very simple case. For example, when I open my pantry door the light comes on...goes off if I close it. No need for two separate events or HS3 to manage that with an association.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                    If I understand correctly, they work even if HS is down....useful for a very simple case. For example, when I open my pantry door the light comes on...goes off if I close it. No need for two separate events or HS3 to manage that with an association.
                    Yes, that is another benefit of association. I like have the option and flexibility of using association or events or both.

Comment

Bringing this back up... if one were to try this, would you associate the light with the sensor, or the sensor with the light?

Comment

Should be the sensor to the light. The sensor should be the deciding (controlling input) to tell the light to function. IE: Sensor detects motion (or open)> turn light on. Sensor status goes to no motion( or closed) > turn light off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                          how does this work? where is it saved? if HS is down... the light/motion still trigger???
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                          X