Wont run on battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont run on battery

So i have a HS-MS100+ that the battery died. I plugged it in untill i got a new battery and got busy and it stayed like that for a while .

Now i have a new battery and when putting it in the sensor it wont power up "No Blue Light" even after the 4 quick presses.

Plug it in by USB and it works fine. Tried the 20 sec factory reset while plugged in but again light out as soon as i unplug the usb.

I bought a Battery tester and it shows new battery at 100% so now i am stumped.

Did you check the battery clips. It seems the battery isn't contacting or the contacts have broken.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for this. They werent broken but new batteries have a thicker cover. Bent the clips out a bit and all is working.

Comment

Did you USB-power the MS-100 when you set it up? If so, it self-configured as an AC-powered always-on device and it’ll drain a battery in a day or so. If it is to be battery powered it must be set up that way. Delete the unit using Z-Tool+ which also will delete it from HS3. If you just delete it in HS3, HS3 WILL remember it’s previous config when you recreate it. You gotta delete Z-Tool+ or something else which is external to HS3. Re-create with Z-Tool+ while it’s powered by battery and it should then run fine on battery. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by JustSteve View Post
          Did you USB-power the MS-100 when you set it up? If so, it self-configured as an AC-powered always-on device and it’ll drain a battery in a day or so. If it is to be battery powered it must be set up that way. Delete the unit using Z-Tool+ which also will delete it from HS3. If you just delete it in HS3, HS3 WILL remember it’s previous config when you recreate it. You gotta delete Z-Tool+ or something else which is external to HS3. Re-create with Z-Tool+ while it’s powered by battery and it should then run fine on battery. Hope this is helpful.
          Z-Tool just interfaces with HS, so removing it from the zwave network through z-tool or directly through the z-wave plugin in HS does exactly the same thing.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Clearly your knowledge greatly exceeds mine, but your reply is not consistent with my experience. I used HS3 to delete an MS-100. When I added the same device back it had the same config including the 20-second PIR recovery that I originally had set replacing the 600 second default. I then deleted the device again, this time with Z-Tool+ and then added it back. THIS time it showed the default settings. Again, I happily acknowledge your greater knowledge but it appears that deletion in Z-Tool+ and HS3 is somehow different.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by bpryde View Post
              Thanks for this. They werent broken but new batteries have a thicker cover. Bent the clips out a bit and all is working.
              I just found this response myself because I just encountered the very same issue. New battery turn out to have a thicker skin. Worked fine on USB, too.
              Once I bent the pins out a bit more, it worked just fine on battery once again.
              Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge, folks!

Comment

Working...
              X