Setup Tricks for Line Powered HS-MS100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup Tricks for Line Powered HS-MS100+

I have a couple of HS-MS100+ devices that I am powering via the usb port. My understanding is that they should be in an "always on" state. However, when I attempt to setup the configuration, it states that the device must be woken up first. Am I missing something in the setup? I reviewed the instruction sheet, but it doesn't really provide any details for this type setup.

Thanks

WhitW You might try excluding it, reset it, and then make sure it is powered by usb first, then include it again.

Comment

WhitW any luck getting this to work as a repeater. Following all the instructions with no luck. Removed, Factory reset, help button for 5 seconds etc.

It seems to pair fine, but always requires a manual wake-up

I am trying to setup as a repeater in HS4 with the latest 3.0.7.3 (3.0.7.0) zwave plugin

Comment

dev120v I have not seen them show up as a repeater... I haven't focused on that since I have some other line powered devices that fill that role. I never did what was suggested in the follow-up... Sorry I wasn't more help...

Comment

WhitW no problem. I was looking at moving the device. Coverage should be fine where I am moving it, but it made me realise I have been using it as a non-repeater this whole time

I have yet to see someone say they were successful setting the Homeseer branded MS100+ as a repeater. I would consider getting more of them or the MS100+ G2, but only if I can get the original working as expected

Comment

Working...
          X