Battery Status not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Status not updating

I am a newbie and recently added an HS-MS-100+ motion sensor to my HS4 Pi system, powered by a new battery (no USB connection). It is triggering Motion events; however, the battery status appears stuck at 0% and is not updating. Any guidance on how to get this feature to work properly?

Bill deVries

Date/time=12/9/2020 8:25:10 AM EST
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub Edition 4.1.9.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.10.0.104 (tarball Fri Jun 26 19:59:14 UTC 2020)

License=Registered
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=11 Days 2 Hours 52 Minutes 55 Seconds
    Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,Z-Wave GUI:
    Modules/Threads=89 Modules, 48 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=198 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Z-Wave 3.0.2.4,Z-Wave GUI 0.4.0.0

The first thing to check is on the "battery " child device/z-wave tab; make sure you have a polling interval set(i.e. 12 hours).

Comment

After replacing a battery, my Battery device still reads "Battery Low Warning". I replaced the battery 5 days ago. It is set to poll every 12 hours. Motion detection is working fine. Any ideas?
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Removing and reseating the battery caused the battery device to update to 90% right away. Hopefully it continues to update/poll properly.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

One of my HS-MS100+ motion sensors' battery device likewise has failed to update after replacing the battery. It is stuck on "Low". But within the SDJ-Health battery plugin does show it at "100" or "Healthy". I manually woke up the device and optimized it, but still showing "Low".

UPDATE: The battery status finally updated and shows 90% this AM.

Comment

Hi -- I have the MS100 installed (it's new) and its working fine within HS4 using Zwave + plugin. However, I'm not getting automatic battery status updates as described in the installation manual (should be every 12 hours) unless I physically press the wake button 4 times. Even when I poll it, it says it will get that parameter next time it wakes up. I cannot find the parameter in the Zwave tab of the device set-up within HS4 using the Zwave plug in. (Yes, I manually wake the device when accessing the tab and can see all the standard parameters). I also can't set any wake up parameters as that parameter number is not included in the documentation. How can I 1) check that parameter value and/or 2) set that parameter value?
            Device Specific Configuration Parameters

Comment

Working...
            X