HS-FLS100-G2 - endless false triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-FLS100-G2 - endless false triggering

Recently installed six of these sensors around the outside of my house to detect motion in the yard or approach to the front door. They are mostly mounted under the eaves of a single story home facing into the yard, powered from 110v. None of them have a direct load attached, they are all controlling other lights through zwave and running automations on a smartthings hub.

To varying degrees, they all produce false triggers, some much more than others. I have reduced the sensitivity from high- med-low with little obvious effect. I’ve also tried adding a requirement that motion be present for a period of time before an automation will execute. I’ve tried both 2secs and 5secs, again no obvious change in the false triggers.

Anybody have any history with this or suggestions on what I could look for? Given they do it to varying degrees with two of the six being the worst, there might be something in the environmental side I could look at. They do work with real human motion, it’s just the false triggers that make them pretty useless right now.
    Thanks
    Andrew
Working...
X