Finally got it to work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got it to work.

I have a 30x56 workshop divided into two rooms with one main light. One room is the garage; the other a woodshop. I bought for of these and set them up as a battery operated device. I followed macromark's guide to create the events (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...motion-sensors). I wasted 3 days trying to get the to work. What finally worked was this.

Connect the MS100+ devices to USB cables, add them as repeaters (repeater inclusion), and set the timeout to 20s. IMHO, they are useless as battery operated devices.

Mine work perfectly on batteries. You were most likely pushing the distance that a battery operated Z-Wave device can handle. Plugging them in allowed them to act as repeaters and that helps with distance issues.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rut Row View Post
      I have a 30x56 workshop divided into two rooms with one main light. One room is the garage; the other a woodshop. I bought for of these and set them up as a battery operated device. I followed macromark's guide to create the events (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...motion-sensors). I wasted 3 days trying to get the to work. What finally worked was this.

Connect the MS100+ devices to USB cables, add them as repeaters (repeater inclusion), and set the timeout to 120s. IMHO, they are useless as battery operated devices.
      The Z-Net was 25' from the sensors. I should say that on batteries they triggered for motion but they never sent another motion message after that so the events would work.

Comment

Update. I had to set the motion timeout to 20s. If I stood still too long (say sanding a board) then the lights would go out. It works fine with a 20s timeout.

Comment

Working...
        X