Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW - HS-WV100+ Z-Wave Plus Water Valves!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NEW - HS-WV100+ Z-Wave Plus Water Valves!

    Our new water valves are finally here and ready to ship! HS-WV100+ is our new Z-Wave Plus certified water valve system. The kit includes:
    • Water Valve Control Unit
    • Motorized Water Valve (with manual shut-off)
    • Power Supply
    • User Guide


    Learn More / Buy Now

    Product photo:

    User Guide

    YouTube into:
    Learn About HomeSeer

  • #2
    Mark,

    Stili the market for a wave water valve. Had two of the previous Econet valves fail. Did a RMA and second valve failed after two days. Kinda of gave up and just ate the cost. Part of my issue is location of the water cutoff is outside next to house and outlet in a valve box. Relatively dry but still outside. Not sure if that contributed to the valve failures. It was dry in side the valve box but had two different failures of those Econet valves.

    Is this setup rated for outdoor sheltered use?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by srodgers View Post
      Mark,
      Is this setup rated for outdoor sheltered use?
      Specs for the valve (only)
      • Environment temperature: -15℃~50℃
      • Liquid temperature: 2℃~90℃
      • Protection class: IP67


      The control unit is not rated for outdoor use.
      Learn About HomeSeer

      Comment


      • #4
        IP67 is great for the valve. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can mount the control box in a sheltered or indoor location, and run the cable to the valve, which can be *outdoors* -- including the little box sitting on the valve?

        Is this just an RJ9 cable? What's the permitted cable length?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mikedr View Post
          Is this just an RJ9 cable? What's the permitted cable length?
          I'm also interested in this information.

          Also what is the out come if power is lost to the main control? Does the valve remain in it's current state?

          Also Outdoor in the AZ sun can be brutal on plastics and get up to 120 degrees more then once a summer. Has any real testing be done sitting out in the hot sun to see how it actually holds up? This is kind of expensive and not so easy of an install to have it all go to crap after one summer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikedr View Post
            IP67 is great for the valve. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can mount the control box in a sheltered or indoor location, and run the cable to the valve, which can be *outdoors* -- including the little box sitting on the valve?

            Is this just an RJ9 cable? What's the permitted cable length?
            Yes, the valve can be installed outside but the control unit must be protected. Recommended maximum cable length is 20' total. The valve is supplied with a 9 foot cable.
            Learn About HomeSeer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              I'm also interested in this information.

              Also what is the out come if power is lost to the main control? Does the valve remain in it's current state?

              Also Outdoor in the AZ sun can be brutal on plastics and get up to 120 degrees more then once a summer. Has any real testing be done sitting out in the hot sun to see how it actually holds up? This is kind of expensive and not so easy of an install to have it all go to crap after one summer.
              If power goes out, the valve will remain in the same state. You can manually change the state by using the thumbwheel on top of the motor housing. There's a "line" indicator next to the thumbwheel to show the current state of the valve.

              The valve is rated for 50 degrees C use... which is about 122 degrees F. We have not done any extensive heat testing on the plastics.
              Learn About HomeSeer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by macromark View Post
                If power goes out, the valve will remain in the same state. You can manually change the state by using the thumbwheel on top of the motor housing. There's a "line" indicator next to the thumbwheel to show the current state of the valve.

                The valve is rated for 50 degrees C use... which is about 122 degrees F. We have not done any extensive heat testing on the plastics.
                How hard is it to close the valve with the thumbwheel? Is anything special needed to turn it? Screwdriver, wrench, etc?

                Thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
                  How hard is it to close the valve with the thumbwheel? Is anything special needed to turn it? Screwdriver, wrench, etc?

                  Thanks
                  Hopefully, you'll never need to use it but if you do, you can turn it with your thumb and index finger and a little patience. It takes several turns to completely open or close the valve. You could speed the process with a pair of pliers but... you might damage the nylon material with the teeth.
                  Learn About HomeSeer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have the same valve.
                    Works great.
                    Attached Files
                    DSteiNeuro

                    HS3Pro

                    MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

                    Enabled Plug-Ins
                    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well.. I bit the bullet and purchased one, glad my previous order fell thru the cracks..this one looks good, dropped into HS like a breeze. Tomorrow I will drop in ground and see how it handles next summers heat.
                      so far. e x c e l l e n t........ will post pic's of install
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                        well.. I bit the bullet and purchased one, glad my previous order fell thru the cracks..this one looks good, dropped into HS like a breeze. Tomorrow I will drop in ground and see how it handles next summers heat.
                        so far. e x c e l l e n t........ will post pic's of install
                        Take a video of the install!!!
                        Learn About HomeSeer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                          well.. I bit the bullet and purchased one, glad my previous order fell thru the cracks..this one looks good, dropped into HS like a breeze. Tomorrow I will drop in ground and see how it handles next summers heat.
                          so far. e x c e l l e n t........ will post pic's of install
                          Assuming you have the standard Az water line ... Did you just put the HS valve in line with the existing valve or remove the manual valve with the HS valve? I'm leaning towards the former so my father in law doesn't turn off the water manually when he's checking up on our house.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                            Assuming you have the standard Az water line ... Did you just put the HS valve in line with the existing valve or remove the manual valve with the HS valve? I'm leaning towards the former so my father in law doesn't turn off the water manually when he's checking up on our house.
                            personally I would keep the manual valve. Move it if needed.... Manual is always a nice dependable backup! Just sayin...
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

                            HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                            Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

                            Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No hard and fast rule here. I'd be inclined to keep the manual valve, since there's no downside to doing that.
                              Learn About HomeSeer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X