Leaking connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking connections

I have a 1 inch valve that I just purchased and had installed. I have had to have a plumber out to install this 3 different times. It leaks at the threaded fittings, and he comes back to pull it apart, redo the pex fittings and crank the threaded brass fittings down again. He has used teflon, pipe dope, and cranked it down as far as it can possibly go, yet it continues to slowly leak around the threads. Im pretty frustrated and at a bit of a loss here. Anyone else having this issue?

Two things come to my mind. It could be overtightening has damaged or cracked the threads, hairline cracks are hard to see. Or, I have seen come valves that have straight threads and not NPT, these require a different fitting with an o-ring. Do you have a part or model number?

Comment

Originally posted by smikkelsen View Post
      I have a 1 inch valve that I just purchased and had installed. I have had to have a plumber out to install this 3 different times. It leaks at the threaded fittings, and he comes back to pull it apart, redo the pex fittings and crank the threaded brass fittings down again. He has used teflon, pipe dope, and cranked it down as far as it can possibly go, yet it continues to slowly leak around the threads. Im pretty frustrated and at a bit of a loss here. Anyone else having this issue?
      Is this a HomeSeer valve?

Comment

Sorry, i wasn't very specific. Yes this is the homeseer 1" valve.

I do not believe this has been overtightened, especially the first 2 times the plumber came out.

Comment

There would seem to be two possibilities here. Either the plumber installed the valve incorrectly 3 times or the valve is defective. I guess you could have a really bad plumber too. Seems most likely you have a bad valve.

You might want to contact HomeSeer.

Comment

Working...
          X