Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW - HS-WV100+ Z-Wave Plus Water Valves!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by mikedr View Post
    Is the cable just a standard rj9?
    Yes, you can add an extension. Max recommended total length is 20'.

Leave a comment:

• mikedr
    replied
    Is the cable just a standard rj9?

Leave a comment:

• jsyers
    replied
    I should keep the manual valve. I'll have to put it a little sign on it telling my father-in-law not to close it!

The more I think about it, too, the more I think I don't have to install this outside. Our new house has a water softener loop in the garage, and the plumber should be able to put it in there.
    Exactly where I placed mine last week, just before the softener cut.

J

Leave a comment:

• mikedr
    replied
    I should keep the manual valve. I'll have to put it a little sign on it telling my father-in-law not to close it!

The more I think about it, too, the more I think I don't have to install this outside. Our new house has a water softener loop in the garage, and the plumber should be able to put it in there.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Not true. This is a simple Z-Wave binary device and will work with older systems too.
    Well that is AWESOME NEWS!!!! Back on my list to purchase (but in a few months)... but definitely in on this now!

was gonna shy away if zwave plus only as I dont plan on upgrading yet.. got so much to do at this moment...

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    im gonna gander and say a z-troller will NOT work with this... zwave plus needs zwave plus?
    Not true. This is a simple Z-Wave binary device and will work with older systems too.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    im gonna gander and say a z-troller will NOT work with this... zwave plus needs zwave plus?

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    I also kept the ball valve, but I did replace it with a new one

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    No hard and fast rule here. I'd be inclined to keep the manual valve, since there's no downside to doing that.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Assuming you have the standard Az water line ... Did you just put the HS valve in line with the existing valve or remove the manual valve with the HS valve? I'm leaning towards the former so my father in law doesn't turn off the water manually when he's checking up on our house.
    personally I would keep the manual valve. Move it if needed.... Manual is always a nice dependable backup! Just sayin...

Leave a comment:

• mikedr
    replied
    Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    well.. I bit the bullet and purchased one, glad my previous order fell thru the cracks..this one looks good, dropped into HS like a breeze. Tomorrow I will drop in ground and see how it handles next summers heat.
    so far. e x c e l l e n t........ will post pic's of install
    Assuming you have the standard Az water line ... Did you just put the HS valve in line with the existing valve or remove the manual valve with the HS valve? I'm leaning towards the former so my father in law doesn't turn off the water manually when he's checking up on our house.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    well.. I bit the bullet and purchased one, glad my previous order fell thru the cracks..this one looks good, dropped into HS like a breeze. Tomorrow I will drop in ground and see how it handles next summers heat.
    Take a video of the install!!!

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DSteiNeuro
    replied
    I have the same valve.
    Works great.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    How hard is it to close the valve with the thumbwheel? Is anything special needed to turn it? Screwdriver, wrench, etc?

Thanks
    Hopefully, you'll never need to use it but if you do, you can turn it with your thumb and index finger and a little patience. It takes several turns to completely open or close the valve. You could speed the process with a pair of pliers but... you might damage the nylon material with the teeth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X