HSM200 Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM200 Firmware

I have numerous HSM200 sensors. They are all at firmware version 1.8. Is there is document somewhere which describes the changes to the firmware so I can make a decision whether to attempt upgrading them or not?

A quick Google search and I found this document. https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeSeer...Guide-rev3.pdf

Comment

Looks like my question was not clear enough. I am asking where to find a list of changes that were made in version 1.8, or what is typically entitled "Firmware Release Notes".

After the original post I did upgrade anyway on several of my sensors, but it did not resolve the issue I am seeing (question in another topic regarding flickering once a minute). So while I did the upgrade, I have no idea what the benefits of the upgrade were. I can see no difference from the outside.
      Last edited by FreezePlanet; October 12, 2018, 04:30 AM. Reason: ..added into

Comment

I too would like to know what is in 1.10. It would also be nice if there were some sort of upgrade instructions so I knew if there were any post-upgrade steps I needed to do so HS could make use of any changes. Their firmware download link is just the .hex file which loads in my browser by default. No zip with instructions or anything.
        HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

The release notes are here: https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/
          My two are running 1.4 firmware and seem to work fine. I am thinking I have the RevH board (need to check the serial number) which is probably why, very few fixes for the H boards, most are for the J board. Unless you are having connections problems on 1.8 firmware, looks like there is very little benefit in moving to the 1.10 firmware.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they revamped that page recently and now include the change log for this and other downloads. Very helpful. I don't think I've had the problem described in 1.10 so I think I'll not fix what ain't broke.
            HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Have you brought up live logging and watched what happens when you try to add/delete the devices?

My first thought is that you have a cacheing issue, I'd contact ST support, the chat is the easiest way, and see if they can see anything on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by clintongg View Post
                Have you brought up live logging and watched what happens when you try to add/delete the devices?

My first thought is that you have a cacheing issue, I'd contact ST support, the chat is the easiest way, and see if they can see anything on their end.
                What? Oh, I just realized after quoting this post that there is a URL link on the comma after "ST support", whatever that is. The URL was to reviewcart.us. Odd

Comment

Working...
                X