HSM200 Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM200 Firmware

I have numerous HSM200 sensors. They are all at firmware version 1.8. Is there is document somewhere which describes the changes to the firmware so I can make a decision whether to attempt upgrading them or not?

A quick Google search and I found this document. https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeSeer...Guide-rev3.pdf

Comment

Looks like my question was not clear enough. I am asking where to find a list of changes that were made in version 1.8, or what is typically entitled "Firmware Release Notes".

After the original post I did upgrade anyway on several of my sensors, but it did not resolve the issue I am seeing (question in another topic regarding flickering once a minute). So while I did the upgrade, I have no idea what the benefits of the upgrade were. I can see no difference from the outside.
      Last edited by FreezePlanet; October 12, 2018, 04:30 AM. Reason: ..added into

Comment

I too would like to know what is in 1.10. It would also be nice if there were some sort of upgrade instructions so I knew if there were any post-upgrade steps I needed to do so HS could make use of any changes. Their firmware download link is just the .hex file which loads in my browser by default. No zip with instructions or anything.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

The release notes are here: https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/
          My two are running 1.4 firmware and seem to work fine. I am thinking I have the RevH board (need to check the serial number) which is probably why, very few fixes for the H boards, most are for the J board. Unless you are having connections problems on 1.8 firmware, looks like there is very little benefit in moving to the 1.10 firmware.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they revamped that page recently and now include the change log for this and other downloads. Very helpful. I don't think I've had the problem described in 1.10 so I think I'll not fix what ain't broke.
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

HS Firmware site looks like it is not getting updated? Whats going on?
              https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Latest listed in 2.2 . I just got another one this week to replace a faulty one and it shows 2.7. Is this a bug? or are we missing 5 releases?
              I ask because it is functioning poorly. PIR fires randomly day and night, then does not react when I walk by it.
              If there isn't a firmware fix, back it goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-02-27 13_39_51-Modify Hall Upstairs Z-Wa....png
Views:	622
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1529580

Comment

I just installed a second HSM200. Installed my first one about a month ago and noted that I could not turn off reporting intervals. HomeSeer directed me to do a firmware upgrade to the HSM200. I downloaded HSM_2_4.otz from the HS website and installed. It solved the problem. I noted that my second unit has the same issue, but I cannot find that firmware upgrade on the website. 2 questions - 1) why is it no longer listed and 2) can I use the same upgrade file on the new HSM200?

Comment

I would double check with HomeSeer to be certain, but I believe any 2.x version will work on the latest HSM200s. Note, there are newer versions than 2.4 posted here in the forums.

Comment

Thank you so much for the info. I didn't even know there was an upgrade to 2.8 available. Had to search and find it. And yes, it does fix the false positive motion detection on these units when the LED is turned off. Again -- many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X