X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest firmware on new batch

What does that mean?
    • v2.2: Certification fixes

ZWave Library 6.81.00 – ONLY FOR UNITS WITH SCREW TAB!
      Added the Supervision Command Class to the non-secure NIF. | The parameter value of 0 is no longer valid for the sensor readings. This is a change in the certification and the sensor MUST always send a sensor reading. | Various other small changes were required to pass certification but would not impact typical users. (1/2/18)

Will I be able to set the unit to always send a on command when it detects motion (special mode ) by setting the parameter value to 0 ?

Comment

I want to buy 1-3 new ones.. But I need that feature.

Comment

This sucks! Light level reporting needs to be able to be disabled so that reliable light readings can be taken with this device via polling. If it automatically reports while the LED is on, the light reading is useless.

I have 4 of the older models which allowed for this. My parents just bought 5 of the new batch and will need to suffer with the unreliability of the light readings.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Hi folks,

I've been in contact with HomeSeer and the Z-wave Alliance about this issue with setting parameter values to zero. The Alliance says this is not a requirement for certification, at least in regards to the light sensor. I suspect all values. Based on the response from the Alliance, I think someone at HomeSeer or the device manufacturer misinterpreted the certification requirements. Here's what they had to say:

Thank you for contacting the Z-Wave Alliance!

We have not made any changes to the requirements pertaining to a light sensor notification. A device is required to report certain Lifeline events on Group 1 to pass certification, but there is no requirement to prevent a light level report from being disabled.

The HSM200 has a configuration parameter (#3) to determine the minutes between light level reports and it shows that a value of 0 disables the light level reports.
          They even went as far as to ask for a name of someone at HomeSeer so they could get this sorted out. I didn't know whose name to give them.

HomeSeer support, on the other hand, first said this was a bug. I then pointed out this firmware update text as seen in the OP, and then he said this was not a bug and the certification was the reason I couldn't set the value to zero. After explaining to him what the Z-wave Alliance said, he told me that since I'm the only one complaining about this issue, it might not get looked into and fixed (even though this is clearly wrong).

So, if any of you out there also want to be able to set these parameters to zero, please go here https://homeseer.com/contact-us/ and fill out the Technical Support form. I know there's at least one of you. They don't/can't keep a close eye on all of the forums to see if there are any issues, so please contact them directly.

Thanks!
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

rjh macromark

Comment

Until this gets sorted, which version of the firmware worked for you? We can make that version available so you can flash your sensor.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Until this gets sorted, which version of the firmware worked for you? We can make that version available so you can flash your sensor.
                Thank you for your reply. The units I purchased a few years ago are running firmware v1.8. I probably still have that firmware update file, but I assumed it would not work in these newer units with the screw tab. Will it?

I'm not in a huge rush to get this fixed. I'd just like to know that it will, eventually. In the meantime I can max out that light sensor reporting value which reduces the impact.

Thanks again!

Comment

here form memory ( mine lol)... I think it was 1.10???

Comment

If you currently have a 2.X version then you need stay with a version that start with "2". The "1" version was for older hardware. I will take a look at the release notes and see which 2.X version allows for 0 for the update parameter.

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                    here form memory ( mine lol)... I think it was 1.10???
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you currently have a 2.X version then you need stay with a version that start with "2". The "1" version was for older hardware. I will take a look at the release notes and see which 2.X version allows for 0 for the update parameter.
                      rjh, thank you for offering to take a look. Any update on this for the newer hardware?

Comment

rjh Hi,

I want to get some of these , but would like to get to 0 parameter back. Do you have any news for that

Comment

Reported as HSCS-503

Comment

Working...
                          X