HomeTroller Zee WiFi Adapter Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An optional WiFi adapter is now available for the HomeTroller Zee.

Store link: http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1669C102.aspx

The adapter does come with a driver CD and will run on XP or higher versions of Windows too.
    Learn About HomeSeer

Mark,

How do you install it on the Zee.

I just plugged one in (realtek chipset).

I then plugged it in rebooted and configured it to have a static IP address along with primary ethernet port and locked myself out of the zee.

The Zee did see the little WLAN USB device right away.

Do I have to unplug the ethernet cable to use the wireless stick?
    Last edited by Pete; October 15, 2013, 04:23 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
    Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I got the wifi adapter with my HT-ZEE & it had no instructions but plugging it in to the HomeTroller and with hard wired Ethernet to configure it worked fine... find.homeseer.com then log in tools -> setup -> network -> wifi settings & type in SSID, select security & pass phrase then tools system restart & pull the Ethernet plug out. Give it time to reboot then do find.homeseer.com again to find it using wifi... The blue light on wifi adapter will glow with traffic when working, see pic. Highly recommend Homeseer consider automating steps to save customers some time... Making a video & updating instructions...
      Cheers!

The adaptor will glow blue with activity when working

Comment

The lights on the zee unit itself, what do you have blinking. I only have the top light. I have worked on this all day and no luck. When I do the search I find it, but the web page will not show.
        danielbo

Comment

Working...
        X