• Show
Clear All

i am lost, remote connection issues

I am lost.
    I am dense
    I plead ignorance.

got homeseer zee

I set up router to allow this address.

from HOME, from both HOME COMPUTER (in explorer), AND with android device, I can see the Homeseer ZEE

BUT, from remote site, I CANNOT see Homeseer ZEE
    from android, using Server 2
    with address of 192.168.0.108

from a remote tablet, trying the HsTouch Client, same settings

Neither can get from the outside world to my homeseer zEE.

what am I doing wrong?

help, anyone?
    I can't get this to work....
    don't know what I'm doing wrong (or even doing...)

Comment

Your IP address from outside your LAN will not be the same as the address inside your LAN. If you click on Tools and then About Homeseer, you will see a listing of lots of useful (and not so useful) information. One line lists your external IP address. You will need this address and your HS port to reach HS when not on your LAN.

Also, depending on your ISP, the external address can change. Usually, only when you reboot your modem, but sometimes for other reasons.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for reply.
        1. TOOLS - where is that - is that in the Homeseer ZEE main control (brough up from main compuer, talking to the ZEE?)

Are there any screen captures of the settings, examples?

Also, if the IP changes (I am vamiliar with that; I have HAMACHI set up for that reason, on some varous computers, and also DynDNS to translate a compuer IP address) - then how do I get the IP address of the ZEE, when I am away from home, with my android (does ZEE have any IP translation services, etc???)

Is there a manual on this?

Comment

Caveat: I don't have any experience with Zee, so I may be making an incorrect assumption about what is available.

I'm using HS2Pro running on a PC. In that configuration, on the HS web interface there are tabs across the top. One of them is Setup. There is a sub-tab labeled 'Web Site'. On that tab, near the bottom, there's a section called 'Navigation links to show'. One of the options is Tools with a Yes/No option. If Tools is not one of the tabs you see, check there to be sure it is enabled.

Below is a screen shot of the Tools tab.

As far as your external IP, that is for your modem/router, not HS. You need to set your router to redirect the port HS is using to the local IP address assigned to HS. There is a section in the HS Help file that may help.

Below the Tools screen shot I've included the Help page.
          Attached Files
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

WOW, THANk you, I think I understand !
            This is what I could not figure out !

I have HS2, at a remote site, on a REMOTE computer, and I LOG INTO that remote computer itself, using Hamachi and tight VNC, so I have not had to ever worry about the LAN translation, etc.

re: the ZEE - the ABOUT is at the bottom of screen, I found my LAN address (external lan)

SO, to clarify, in the HS Client, or the Android client for zee, the address I would enter there would be

External LAN xxx.xx.xxx.xx WITH ": 10200" appended? since 10200 is the port that the ZEE recommends?

I HAVE configured my routr to pass thorugh 10200 to the ZEE (or to pass through to 192.168.0.108, local lan address

I will test out this today or tomorrow, and see how this works

RE: EXTERNAL LAN, even if Comcast (my supplier) changes that, I can pay attention to the changes, I don't do much remote acces yet; and If I do it more frequently, then I can get a service such as DynDNS, and can check on the changes

I DO APPRECIATE your help
            nick

Comment

Glad it helped.

As an aside, there is a HS script function (hs.WANIP) that will report the external IP address. I have HS send me a daily email with status of devices and select other information, including the external IP. That way, if I'm trying to log in from a distance and my IP changes (rare in my case) I have a way to find the new address.

Comment

Still Lost, NO Connection, despite multiple attempts

All help appreciated, but still no success.

FROM the HomeSeer ZEE (local IP 192.168.0.108, ), checking the ABOUT

LAN IP Address:
                192.168.0.108 (HomeTrollerZEE)Client IP Address:192.168.0.102 (192.168.0.102)External IP Address:123.46.587.12 (example)

In my ROUTER
                I have set port forwarding, for 192.168.0.108, for port 10200
                BOTH as TCP, AND UDP (does this make any difference) (have tried both as single entries, then as combined)

On my ANDROID
                I am using server 2
                I set ADDRESS, as
                http://123.46.587.12, and ALSO tried just plain 123.46.587.12
                (I did NOT include the :10200, since the PORT is assigned below)

for PORT, in server 2 configuration, I set 10200

I've tried every permutation I can think of.

If I try logging on, when Server 2 is http://123.46.587.12, I get "failed to connect to server"

if I try logging on, when server 2 address is just plain 123.46.587.12, I get a perpetual "connecting to 123.....

I don't know what else to do with this.
                should I go for a brain transplant?
                thanks
                Nick

Comment

SOLUTION, please post as a sticky or something in ZEE, and ANDROID, 4G versus WI-FI

OK, after HOURS on this.
                  am home today, have ANDROID phone, testing this.
                  still did not work.
                  WENT to Iphone thread, and something there triggered me to go back to my phone, turn OFF WI-FI, and turn on 4-g

LO AND BEHOLD, my phone android DID WORK, to access the ZEE device !!!
                  Address in bar was typed in as 123.56.787.23, or whatever; NO HTTP:// was used.

BUT, it seems that testing this AT HOME, connected to WI-FI, was screwing this up, had to be on 4-g, to get to router from outside world !!

I will NOW go to the tablet PC and see if the windows client can be gotten to work...

SOMEhow, can you make a title for this, to post in bnot the ZEE forum and the ANDROID forum? or am I the only one who did not know this?

Comment

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                    . . .it seems that testing this AT HOME, connected to WI-FI, was screwing this up, had to be on 4-g, to get to router from outside world !!
                    That is correct. If you are on WiFi at home you are using your local LAN (unless you are stealing service from a neighbor ). By switching to the 4G network you force the connection to come from your cell phone carrier.

Comment

Thanks very much, have everything working

thanks to all, have all stuff working !
                      both the HS Touch Client, and the Android
                      have router set up, an I will monitor for IP addres change also

Now I can start to work on events, etc

thanks
                      nick

Comment

Remote Connection Hometroller Zee AT&T U-Verse 2-wire gateway

I am having problems accessing my Hometroller Zee remotely with HSTouch. I have located the external i.p. address, and in my AT&T U-Verse 2-wire gateway I have forwarded for TCP and UDP port 10200.

I have entered the external i.p, address in the settings for HSTouch in the format xx.x.xx.x (without the http://) and the port is set to 10200.

I get the connecting message and then the error screen. I've attached a screen shot from the gateway port forwarding. I am connecting from an iPhone using the cellular connection (not wifi).

If anyone has any suggestions, I will be grateful. Thanks!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X