HomeTroller Zee pre-release 3.0.0.42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller Zee pre-release 3.0.0.42

We are posting this build for anyone who wants to test it while we test internally.

To manually update to this build:

1) Shutdown HS from the System menu in HomeSeer

2) SSH to your box (free tool PUTTY works fine)
    Enter the commands:

cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
    ./updatehs.sh 42

This will download the update and extract the files. Restart your box with:

sudo reboot
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

If we wanted to test it out, is there a release notes so we can tell what has been updated?

Comment

See the hs3 release notes for the same version.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      If we wanted to test it out, is there a release notes so we can tell what has been updated?

Comment

Updated. My SSL connection to SMTP still isn't working even though the release notes say it should be fixed??

Comment

.43 for Zee?

Comment

What did this update fix? I can tell you what it messed up. I wish I could get it off of it. My X10 will not work at all now. I am not a programmer but I think I would make sure everything was working before I would shipped out a upgrade. Fixing what ever, ruined any chance of using the Zee with X10.
            danielbo

Comment

There were a lot of fixes to X10, and yes we tested it for a few days on a couple of systems, both Cm11A and TI103. Do you see any error messages in the log?

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
              What did this update fix? I can tell you what it messed up. I wish I could get it off of it. My X10 will not work at all now. I am not a programmer but I think I would make sure everything was working before I would shipped out a upgrade. Fixing what ever, ruined any chance of using the Zee with X10.

Comment

Dec-26 4:18:14 PM Info Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port /dev/ttyUSB0 Dec-26 4:18:26 PM X10 Error, unable to communicate with CM11A, is CM11A connected? Dec-26 4:18:26 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10

Why am I not able to connect now, when I was before the up date. I have tried both CM11A and ACT. I was to the point that CM11A was working, now nothing after the update. So why is it working for you and not me. Under the status I am getting the message stating OK, and sometimes I get other messages like we was getting before stating warning.
                **FATAL**: Unable to communicate with CM11A, no response to status request
                So if it was working for you what am I doing wrong to make it stop working for me? I have tried switching everything around and nothing will work. As I mentioned that I was getting it to work using my CM11A, but still was not the ACT. So if we both have the same unit, and the same update, what interface did you use? Both of them? I have even changed the different port to USB units that both are the same type that you sell. I used them before with out any problems. I have tried to change the cables and still no change, nothing is coming on.
                Maybe tell me your set up, but shouldn't be any difference then mine, but yours is working and mine is not. Why did it work before the update, and stopped after. Not getting any answers, or suggestions. So this is why I am getting a little upset. Just was so excited about this unit, was even more when it started working, using the CM11A. Lights going on and off as they was to. The ACT did not work and I thought the update was to fix it. There is others that it didn't help either, maybe we got the wrong update?
                danielbo

Comment

Off for the today and tomorrow and hoped to get everything set up and running at the house. Then this, now I cant do anything. Maybe we need to reinstall the update, is there a way to do that? Maybe the update did not install like it should have. A lot of maybes, but I so want this to work.
                  danielbo

Comment

You are mentioning both the CM11A and ACT. These are two different X10 interfaces. Which X10 hardware device do you have? I assume you are connecting with a USB to serial adapter, which one do you have? We did our testing with the Trendent TU-S9.

If you are using the CM11A, it is possible the unit locked up, try to power cycle it.

Dec-26 4:18:14 PM Info Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port /dev/ttyUSB0 Dec-26 4:18:26 PM X10 Error, unable to communicate with CM11A, is CM11A connected? Dec-26 4:18:26 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10

Why am I not able to connect now, when I was before the up date. I have tried both CM11A and ACT. I was to the point that CM11A was working, now nothing after the update. So why is it working for you and not me. Under the status I am getting the message stating OK, and sometimes I get other messages like we was getting before stating warning.
                    **FATAL**: Unable to communicate with CM11A, no response to status request
                    So if it was working for you what am I doing wrong to make it stop working for me? I have tried switching everything around and nothing will work. As I mentioned that I was getting it to work using my CM11A, but still was not the ACT. So if we both have the same unit, and the same update, what interface did you use? Both of them? I have even changed the different port to USB units that both are the same type that you sell. I used them before with out any problems. I have tried to change the cables and still no change, nothing is coming on.
                    Maybe tell me your set up, but shouldn't be any difference then mine, but yours is working and mine is not. Why did it work before the update, and stopped after. Not getting any answers, or suggestions. So this is why I am getting a little upset. Just was so excited about this unit, was even more when it started working, using the CM11A. Lights going on and off as they was to. The ACT did not work and I thought the update was to fix it. There is others that it didn't help either, maybe we got the wrong update?

Comment

I have both computer interfaces, and have tried both of them. Each time I try a different cable or a different interface or a different usb to serial adapter I recycle the system. I use the shut down, and then unplug the power plug and plug it back in. I also have two different trendent units, which I am sure one of them came from you. I currently have it hooked back up the way it was working before the update and still nothing. I have two different modules hooked up to A1 in different locations, one is right beside the unit and the other is on the fish tank to make sure its not the module. I also hooked up the act to my HS2 pro to my ACT and all worked fine. I cant see the model numbers on the Trendents units. One is black and one is blue. Neither one has a cord on it like the ones you sell now. I know they are Trendent, the black one does say it one the plug, both of them when I hooked them up to my computer with HS2 it also said Trendent. But as I said I cant read model on the black one, and the blue one I don't see anything. If you think I need one of the newer cables I will get one. I will do anything to get it to work.
                      danielbo

Comment

I have spent the entire day trying to get this to work. Tried all the cable I have with the plugs on the one end that plugs into the usb converter and usb plug on the other end. Switching from the CM11 and the ACT. Turn the unit off and waiting for it to boot up. Seems as when the ACT interface it says (where the ok I normal) it says Starting..... this is all you can see. I let it sit and it still says the same thing. If I reboot, it will change from ACT back to CM11A. It will not keep the ACT, keeps going back to CM11A. I need some ideas, cant waste another day on this. If you have one working, I will send my back for the one you have working, plus buy the usb converter. I am so much want this to work. I have it located right beside the electric box, the perfect location. The part that confuses me, is it worked until I updated. Is there a way I can update it again, or I would be happy to go back. I do want to us the ACT which was not working on the old version either, but want to get my lights working again.
                        danielbo

Comment

I so want this to work. What do I do?

I could upgrade to the next one up, but not much different then using a regular computer. I am not the only one not getting it to work too. I am just wondering how long to I have before I should send it back for a refund. I so hate to do this, I want it to work. If I cant us a hub, I don't know how I can convert over to Zwave little by little any ways. Because I have two usb ports, one is WIFI, the other is interface module. Where would I plug in the Z Wave? What do I us the other plug for, just hooking up to a monitor?
                          danielbo

Comment

Part of my log

Here is part of my log, maybe it will help.
                            Last edited by danielbo; February 4, 2014, 02:11 PM.
                            danielbo

Comment

You can use a hub, I have one on mine.

I will talk with the developer about the cm11a.

I could upgrade to the next one up, but not much different then using a regular computer. I am not the only one not getting it to work too. I am just wondering how long to I have before I should send it back for a refund. I so hate to do this, I want it to work. If I cant us a hub, I don't know how I can convert over to Zwave little by little any ways. Because I have two usb ports, one is WIFI, the other is interface module. Where would I plug in the Z Wave? What do I us the other plug for, just hooking up to a monitor?

Comment

Working...
                              X