Factory reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory reset?

Hi. If one were to completely mess up the zee. Like I mean OS level mess up. Is there a way to reset it to the way it was shipped?

Thanks.

I was worried about this as well. I made an image of the SD card so it can be replaced quickly. You might ping HST and see if they have an OS image they can host online somewhere.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Factory reset?

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      I was worried about this as well. I made an image of the SD card so it can be replaced quickly. You might ping HST and see if they have an OS image they can host online somewhere.
      I should have done that. Good idea. Would you mind sharing your image? Is that ok to do I hope?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Could you tell us how you make an image of the Zee OS?

Is it just copying all the files?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but that would be great information for anyone with a Zee.

Thanks.

Comment

I did the same here. (IE: backed up the SD card).

I agree with Rob relating to pinging HST about a backup stock image for the Zee.

That said a restoral and space for image from scratch file should be provided by HST.

I ran into this issue and still have this issue with the first Android based inwall touch screen sold by HS.

IE: I have a modded firmware image on it which is not stock.

Currently I have "shelved" the device putting it away until I can get a stock image for it.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah, Pete is corret - you probably dont want the image I have. For example, I use the ZTroller instead of the ZStick. I also turned on some options in Linux that you may not want.

HST probably has a stock image - it's just a matter of them hosting it somewhere for restore.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
            X