Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Zee work as an interface for HS@ running on a pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Zee work as an interface for HS@ running on a pc?

I purchased zee because I wanted to locate the interface on the first floor but from the looks of it there is a serious difference in the capabilities between the Zee and a PC. I'd like to customize screens for HStouch to begin with.

Chas

I am a bit confused by your question but I think the Zee (certainly in its present form) supports HSTouch Lite. Lite as I think you know does not allow designer connections which as such you cannot connect the designer and cannot design your own screens. There may in the future support a full version of HSTouch and then you can connect and design your own screens.

Comment

Yes, I am finding the limitations of the Zee as well. I am moving into my first owned house, so there are lots of moving parts, but as I have time, I am trying to learn as much as I can and looking to automate more things. When I got the Zee, I thought it would let me do what I wanted, but I have been finding the "artificial" limits. I know that many of you have been doing home automation with HS forever (X10) and are used to the high prices...but the Zee interested me because it seemed affordable. Thinking of investing $500+ in just the controller(/software) would keep me out of home automation. I am thinking about trying the VeraLite instead because I don't think it artificially limits plugins/etc. Another friend of mine has lots of ZWave lighting installed, but still uses a remote to control the network...I think the prices have kept it that way.

Comment

Working...
      X