Zee Crashing assistance required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee Crashing assistance required.

Hi. I have my Zee up and running with approximately 15 Z wave devices. The device runs for several hours but at an unknown number of hours after homeseer stops working. Using Putty I can get on the Zee appliance and can't see the 2 homeseer processes or mono running. Peforming /usr/local/homeseer/restart.sh will get the appliance up and running again.

The homeseer log file only contains information from the last reboot and so I can't see if anything was logged before it stopped working.

Any ideas of debugging ?

Thanks

Phill

Phil,

You can end HS3 running on the Zee; then open an SSH window and start Homeseer in the Homeseer sub directory using the ./go command. The putty window should show you some granular details while Homeseer is running.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
    Fanless Intel® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Comment

Just an FYI relating to a quickie look at another Zee last night and this morning and relating to my Zee setup observation.....the Z-Wave plugin is not plug n play in Linux / Mono and HS3.

This means you will hang up the Z-Wave plugin running on the Zee if you unplug the USB Aeon stick while Homeseer 3 is running. Disabling and re-enabling the plugin may or may not help. If you want to remove or unplug Aeon stick; disable Z-Wave plugin; then shut down HS3 device; then remove the Aeon Stick; then start up the Zee.

I am not sure what would cause the Aeon stick to hang up HS3; but guessing if you look at the console SSH window you may see something.

Here is an example. HS3 is running. I only have a CM11A plugged in:

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
        permitted by applicable law.
        root@ICS-HS3-Zee:~# lsusb
        Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
        Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
        Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
        Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
        root@ICS-HS3-Zee:~#
        I hot plugged the Aeon stick and lost the SSH connection. I do not know what else happened.

I then SSH'd back into the Zee.

root@ICS-HS3-Zee:~# lsusb
        Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
        Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
        Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
        Bus 001 Device 004: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light
        Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
        root@ICS-HS3-Zee:~#
        Now to mess around some more; I can enable the Z-Wave plugin; validate that its working; then unplug the Aeon stick or enable the plugin; shutdown HS3 Zee; unplug the Aeon stick; then startup HS3 with the plugin enabled and no Aeon stick plugged in. It will cause issues.
        Last edited by Pete; December 29, 2013, 02:14 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete. I'm new to mono and my UNIX skills are old (sun SVR4 and early Solaris). Just wondering, looking at the ./go script, there is a command line argument --Log. I'm just wondering if I could redirect the output to a text file rather than needing an interactive putty session running ? I don't know how long putty runs before timing out ?

Comment

Putty hasn't timed out for me. Yup its already recording it in the log file; such that you can see it there too. Just a live view via SSH.

Historically though just a guess would be to use the "> file.txt" after the ./go command.

Just tried this:

sudo ./go > test.txt

and I saw everything in the text.txt file.

Yeah; here not too long ago; well in "dog" years recall replicating a Sun Solaris system at work to figure it out to upgrade it to talk to a newer switch from a very old network hub in a transitional migration of an old broadband FIDs display. There was a few times during the endeavor that I just walked away from it as it was too cryptic for me; and frustrating. I did finally get it; but it took a bit; most of it relating to the bits and pieces of loading the network drivers piece by piece; sort of old Novell like and early dos / wintel networking stuff.
            Last edited by Pete; December 29, 2013, 05:51 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

It worked. Captured what looked like to be a network error just before it all died. I restarted it before I left for work this morning recording directly to a text file which I guess I'll forward to Homeseer Tech support when it happens again. As I now know the problem I'll see if I can script a watchdog temporary fix to keep things running.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Great news Phill!
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Rich has confirmed this is a problem and will be fixed in the next release.

Comment

Working...
                  X