Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pete!!

Comment

I have the same issue, which the funny thing is the version I had on it before the up grade at least I was able to use CM11A, but not ACT. Now nothing. I had a good friend of mine that know a lot about this stuff, tryied to take me back to the old version that worked, but cant seem to get it to work now either.
      This guys has been a super help to me and has found other issues I need to make changes. Its good to make a friend who has the same interest as you do. No one around her cares. I have meant a few home the board, but everyone seems to try to talk over my head and I really dont learn anything, This guy talk to a level I understand, and is building with more information as we move on. Im glad I meant him, but shouldnt had to, I has support, that the time is ticking my free time away. Still looking for an answer on why was the upgrade sent out and didnt work, and if it work for them, then it should be working for me. I will make them a deal, I will send the mine, and they can send me theirs that it works on, and this is the new version. But now they agree, it doesnt work, I a offended that the comment was made to me as if I was stupid asking if it was tested when it was sent out,and was told sure it was. Well must of been something they forgot. We all make mistakes, we are not perfect, just admit to your errors, instead of trying to cover it up and making us spend hours, and I mean a lot of hours checking everything because I believed the issue was something of mine, since theirs worked fine,as I was told. We have to pay for support, should I ask for a amount for the support to tell them it didnt work?
      Really not trying to be a smart #%$, but I had to save to purchase this, I am not rich by a long way. But when I saw I could afford it, I was excited. Then when it doesnt, its disappointing. If I had the money, I would get Z Wave modules, and join what everyone seems to be interested in and forgetting about us poor people who have X10. So please dont thing I am trying to be a #%# hole, just someone that would like to have something that works that I worked hard to get, and was to work with X10, and does not, but Z wave is fine. Just sad. Im sure I can send it back and get my money back, purchase HS3 pro. But I really want the Zee. Maybe Homeseer would send me a upgrade on my HS3 pro and let me keep Zee, when they get it working they can shut off my HS3 pro. We just moved qnd excited to start getting the house automated again. I have many ideas I want to automate, but cant.
      danielbo

Comment

I'm with you. I wish now I would have just purchased the HS3 upgrade! My PC that is running my HS2 setup is getting tired and needs replacing. I was hoping the Zee would take care of that but now I have to wait?

Rupp, this was purchased the first of December and giving to me as a Christmas present. Is there any way I can return it and just upgrade my HS2 setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Plane_Guy View Post
          Rupp, this was purchased the first of December and giving to me as a Christmas present. Is there any way I can return it and just upgrade my HS2 setup?
          I would recommend putting in a help desk request and see what the guys in charge say.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I do have a help desk request.

This has been done from day one. We get 30 days of free support, that is going to be used up, or is already. I believe the free support should not start till you have the unit running. Mine is right now do to a great guy on the board. Not sure if he wants his name out there, everyone will be after him for help. But he got be back to an older version that did work and made some other changes. But as far as I know the ACT interface will not work, it will come up with over 50 ports to select from, and have. I have spent a lot of time on this thinking it was my end, because I have a posting that said that it did work from the help desk, then I worked with everything I had, two days of trying different things, booting and re booting each time and nothing using just the CM11A. Trying different modules, because I was told the update would not had been released unless it was tried first to make sure all was working. Because my unit was working before I downloaded the update.
            I was notified today that by sometime next week we should be seeing an update to fix the X10 problems. I am unsure to install it until I hear other have and is working, because I have a working unit right now with CM11A not ACT interface. Not sure what this update it to fix. But if I was told from the start that there was an issue with the update, two days of my time would not had been wasted. I knew my equipment was working because I hooked it up to the HS2 unit and all was fine CM11A worked, and ACT worked and the usb converters both worked, all my cables I had worked. But being told it would not had been released unless it was checked that the X1o was working, I would have never wasted this time. I am moving into a new house, and many other things needed to be done. I asked about putting my unit back to the old version, no answer. Thank goodness I found a great friend on here to fix it so all the modules and events I had set up when it was working, was working again. No longer in the dark.
            danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
              This has been done from day one. We get 30 days of free support, that is going to be used up, or is already
              Rich/Rick and crew are not going to leave you in the dark. They are all at CS this week and a new release is forth coming when they return.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

I would never thought of being left in the dark and excuse me if that is the way it sounded. I have had homeseer I believe for more then 10 years, maybe even 15. Before this I had another program using X10 modules. So I have used automation for a long time.
                The only part that was upsetting was when I asked if it was tested before the update was sent out, I was told yes. So this lead me to believe the issue was on my side and the time I lost researching the issue. If I was just told that fixing something else must of have caused an issue with X10, but we will be sending a new update with this corrected, all would have been fine. This is the only issue I have with the system. I am really excited about all the new stuff. I am a atomation nerd, I have all kinds of stuff. I just wish I could afford to up date to zwave. But X10 is doing fine for me for now, so if its not broke why fix it.
                So being in the retail business, the holidays are a busy time, working a lot of hours, moving, then taking the time out to test all my stuff, just to get the lights to come back on. This is the only issue I have. Thanks to a homeseer board member fixed my unit to work with CM11A. But would like to use my ACT.
                danielbo

Comment

X10 starting to work with Zee upgrade

I recently purchased a Zee back in December and after getting a replacement for a bad SD card got it working with Zwave devices. I decided to try the X10 interface (T103) to give me an alternative if my Star Gate system dies. When I first connected the T103 I got fatal errors and my Zwave stuff went downhill. So I disabled the X10 and filed a ticket. Although I know very little about how the Zee works, I was concerned that I saw only 1 port to choose for enabling the X10 interface and thought that I would be stepping on USB0 used by the Zstick? After multiple further attempts, reboots and failures, I got back to the original configuration and for some reason I saw USB0 and USB1 available. It now seems preliminarily that the X10 and Zwave are working together. I have no idea whether the firmware is a partial culprit and/or if there is some component in the Zee itself that is flaky. I do have the latest firmware.

Comment

Working...
                  X