X-10 and Z-wave issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-10 and Z-wave issues

I finally found some time to switch over my HS2 system to the Zee. I have tried everything possible to get the CM11A to work? When I first tried to set it up it failed. After restarting it, it showed OK. I only had one USB0 option to select. I tried moving the USB to the other plug and that didn't work. So I decided to try my Z-stick. That was recognized on USB0 port. I then proceeded to import my current devices. I got the following errors on the import:

Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 14, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 15, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 16, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 17, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 22, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 2, ID: 1=1H (ACT), Type: 21062=5246H, ID: 12595=3133H
    Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 3, ID: 57=39H (Honeywell), Type: 17=11H, ID: 1=1H
    Node: 2 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SCENE_ACTIVATION, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SWITCH_ALL, POWERLEVEL, CONFIGURATION_V2, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2
    Node: 3 Supports Class(es): ASSOCIATION, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT_V3, THERMOSTAT_MODE, BASIC, THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE, THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE_V2, THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE, SWITCH_ALL, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V4, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION
    Error: Cannot get additional details about node 4 as there is no node information available.
    Error: Cannot get additional details about node 5 as there is no node information available.
    Node: 6 Supports Class(es): ASSOCIATION, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT_V3, THERMOSTAT_MODE, BASIC, THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE, THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE_V2, THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE, SWITCH_ALL, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V4, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION
    Warning: Node 6 supports the MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC command class but manufacturer information was not obtained. Cannot continue with this node.
    Node: 18 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY, POWERLEVEL, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION, SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL
    Warning: Node 18 supports the MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC command class but manufacturer information was not obtained. Cannot continue with this node.
    Node: 19 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_PROPRIETARY, POWERLEVEL, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION, SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL
    Warning: Node 19 supports the MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC command class but manufacturer information was not obtained. Cannot continue with this node.
    Warning: Node 3 Multilevel Sensor Command Class Version was not received - the child device MAY NOT be configured properly.
    Error: Node 3 Supports the Thermostat Fan Mode Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat fan modes - cannot continue.
    Error: Node 3 Supports the Thermostat Mode Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat modes - cannot continue.
    Error: Node 3 Supports the Thermostat Setpoint Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat setpoint modes - cannot continue.
    Warning: Node 6 Multilevel Sensor Command Class Version was not received - the child device MAY NOT be configured properly.
    Error: Node 6 Supports the Thermostat Fan Mode Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat fan modes - cannot continue.
    Error: Node 6 Supports the Thermostat Mode Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat modes - cannot continue.
    Node 6 Supports Thermostat Setpoint CC and supports these setpoints: Heating 1, Cooling 1
    Root Node Device Z-Wave Node 3 Z-Wave Interface Honeywell Thermostat Node 3 was created for node 3 on network 014D0D49
    Enabling instant status for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Node 3 Z-Wave Interface Honeywell Thermostat Node 3 (3)
    5 out of 5 Child devices of node 3 were created successfully.
    Root Node Device Z-Wave Node 6 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Thermostat Node 6 was created for node 6 on network 014D0D49
    6 out of 6 Child devices of node 6 were created successfully.
    Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

------------------------------------
    I can not get the Thermostats to work but I can do other devices (But not all?). Since I saw that the Zstick was on the USB0 port I decided to try my x-10 again. Now I get the option of USB1. Still I can not control any of my x-10 devices. I'm using a Trend SU9 usb to serial adaptor.

Anyone have some suggestions?

The X10 plugin on the latest version of HS for the Zee isn't working. It's being worked but you may want to check Bugzilla for updates and add to the ticket if you have any additional information.
    Your Z-Wave warnings all look to be a communication issue. The Z-Wave interface is attempting to connect to the devices upon import but they can't be reached. Have you run any optimizations on your Z-Wave network? You may also want to move the Z-Wave interface away from the pc to try different orientations.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I will try to do an optimize. It works fine from my PC since I already have it on an extended USB cable away from most of the electronics. I have moved everything back over so I can't try it now. I still have a 50/50 mix of X10 so I need that working before I can attempt it again. Any word on when a fix will be ready for the X10 plugin?

Comment

X10 users again was a forgotten

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        The X10 plugin on the latest version of HS for the Zee isn't working. It's being worked but you may want to check Bugzilla for updates and add to the ticket if you have any additional information.
        Your Z-Wave warnings all look to be a communication issue. The Z-Wave interface is attempting to connect to the devices upon import but they can't be reached. Have you run any optimizations on your Z-Wave network? You may also want to move the Z-Wave interface away from the pc to try different orientations.
        I know you guys work as hard as you can and doing so many great things. But why was X10 working just fine, then a upgrade came out and it stopped. I would like to revert back to the old version. I do have a great HomeSeer friend Pete that has been trying to help me change it back to the working version.
        But this is the issue, I had made the comment why was X10 not checked to make sure it was working before it was released and messed up peoples systems. I was replied with "It was check and all was ok" If this did happen, then why are we having a problem. Do we have a different version then the one that you checked, and if yours is working as remarked, then why is it not sent out to us so we all could be happy?
        So evidently the upgrade was not completely checked out before it was posted. Why was X10 people forgotten in the upgrade. I really had thought the upgrade was for X10 users in order to get ACT to work, and was even told so.
        So my problem is, I am not the smartest guy on the block when it comes to the programming part of homeseer, I leave that up to the pro`s. Why did was I made to look so stupid, when you was aware of a issue, and X10 was not checked, we was forgotten again.
        Then we have this paid support now, this support is good for 30 days, unless I purchase more time. This seems to be unfair, when it was working, then it stopped, not because of an issue that I did. My support time is about complete. I my free support good until the issue is fixed and everything is working as it is to be?
        Not being a programmer, It just seems to me that it shouldn't be that hard to go back to the package that was working.
        Again I do want to express all the great work that has been done, and how homeseer has advanced. But all this advancing is not helping us X10 users. I have found its easier to admit from the start that there is a issue, instead up making the person on the user end, to go through all the wiring, try all the computer interfaces, the usb to serial converters, and the modules. Because we was told the plug in was tested ans was working before it was released. I did not enjoy spending a complete day of plugging and unplugging, when all needed to be said was, yes there is a issue not "of course it was checked out before it was sent out"
        I work on cash registers for a living, when a mistake is made there, the download is removed and the last working download is re installed,to keep everything working. The ones the upgrade was what was needed for the type of equipment they are using, the upgrade is left.
        Thanks to Pete, a true friend, is trying to help me with my issue, but nothing from the paid support other then its being looked into. After my 30 days is up, and the issue is still there, am I going to be require to purchase more time?
        Thank you Pete for your concern and help so far, Not from paid support, just a great guy.
        danielbo

Comment

You make a great point. This was purchased a while back but held for a Christmas present for ME!!! I had planned to set this up over the holiday break which would still be within my 30 day period. But since I have run into issues, I have stopped all work, so I don't know how much of my setup will work when I do get to migrate it over. My wife love/hates automation so it HAS to work before I could attempt to move my setup to the ZEE. It would be nice to extend the support period since this is not something we can fix?

Comment

@danielbo - for what its worth, I replied to one of your posts on how to roll back to the previous X10 plugin and included the original version in the post. For whatever reason, Rupp or someone at HST removed the post. All it was was instructions on rolling back the X10 version on the Zee. PM/Email me offline if you still need assistance. Pete probably has you on the right track though
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yup; here remotely initially backed up entire directory into another subdirectory on Daniel's Zee. Connection is slow such that it took a while to do; IE: fell asleep.

This morning logged on and downgraded x10 plugin with V.17 and rebooted Zee.

I also copied over Zee version dot 47 files.

I did notice though an earlier issue that rebooting Zee after shutdown of HS would not work via SSH for whatever reason.

Here personally downgraded back to Zee version dot 47 and X10 version dot 17 cuz I did see a couple of other issues with zee version dot 54.

That said I just checked Dan's Zee and it is now up and running downgraded to Zee V.47 and X10 plugin dot .17.

Going slow here and introduced Dan to WinSCP this morning.

BTW another issue that I saw related to hot plugging in the Aeon Stick with the Z-Wave plugin enabled. This messed a bit with linux OS and mono running HS3. (thinking it was taking down HS3 at the time).
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; January 5, 2014, 11:56 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                I know you guys work as hard as you can and doing so many great things. But why was X10 working just fine, then a upgrade came out and it stopped. I would like to revert back to the old version. I do have a great HomeSeer friend Pete that has been trying to help me change it back to the working version.
                But this is the issue, I had made the comment why was X10 not checked to make sure it was working before it was released and messed up peoples systems. I was replied with "It was check and all was ok" If this did happen, then why are we having a problem. Do we have a different version then the one that you checked, and if yours is working as remarked, then why is it not sent out to us so we all could be happy?
                So evidently the upgrade was not completely checked out before it was posted. Why was X10 people forgotten in the upgrade. I really had thought the upgrade was for X10 users in order to get ACT to work, and was even told so.
                So my problem is, I am not the smartest guy on the block when it comes to the programming part of homeseer, I leave that up to the pro`s. Why did was I made to look so stupid, when you was aware of a issue, and X10 was not checked, we was forgotten again.
                Then we have this paid support now, this support is good for 30 days, unless I purchase more time. This seems to be unfair, when it was working, then it stopped, not because of an issue that I did. My support time is about complete. I my free support good until the issue is fixed and everything is working as it is to be?
                Not being a programmer, It just seems to me that it shouldn't be that hard to go back to the package that was working.
                Again I do want to express all the great work that has been done, and how homeseer has advanced. But all this advancing is not helping us X10 users. I have found its easier to admit from the start that there is a issue, instead up making the person on the user end, to go through all the wiring, try all the computer interfaces, the usb to serial converters, and the modules. Because we was told the plug in was tested ans was working before it was released. I did not enjoy spending a complete day of plugging and unplugging, when all needed to be said was, yes there is a issue not "of course it was checked out before it was sent out"
                I work on cash registers for a living, when a mistake is made there, the download is removed and the last working download is re installed,to keep everything working. The ones the upgrade was what was needed for the type of equipment they are using, the upgrade is left.
                Thanks to Pete, a true friend, is trying to help me with my issue, but nothing from the paid support other then its being looked into. After my 30 days is up, and the issue is still there, am I going to be require to purchase more time?
                Thank you Pete for your concern and help so far, Not from paid support, just a great guy.
                It was tested and it's working on the test Zee systems but it appears something was left out of the delivery. My suggestion to you going forward is to not to be so eager to upgrade unless you have a reason to. In the software industry it's really easy to make a single change and it breaks an entire delivery. This issue is being worked but Rich and crew are at CES so it will be a while before this is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Plane_Guy View Post
                  You make a great point. This was purchased a while back but held for a Christmas present for ME!!! I had planned to set this up over the holiday break which would still be within my 30 day period. But since I have run into issues, I have stopped all work, so I don't know how much of my setup will work when I do get to migrate it over. My wife love/hates automation so it HAS to work before I could attempt to move my setup to the ZEE. It would be nice to extend the support period since this is not something we can fix?
                  Rich is working this issue and you will not be left without a working X10 plugin but it will be week after next before the guys get back from CES. I would suggest to continue setting up the hardware but simply wait on the cut over.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    @danielbo - for what its worth, I replied to one of your posts on how to roll back to the previous X10 plugin and included the original version in the post. For whatever reason, Rupp or someone at HST removed the post. All it was was instructions on rolling back the X10 version on the Zee. PM/Email me offline if you still need assistance. Pete probably has you on the right track though
                    No one intentionally deleted your post or any posts. Over the last 3 months we have been under a major spam attack receiving hundreds of spam posts a day. We have finally stopped this by requiring manual message board registration.

Comment

Yup; here involved in moderation of a couple of other forums.

I noticed a huge increase in spam posts on these other two forums just in the last two weeks.

Personally and because I am running HS3 and HS2 on separate machines with Wintel and Linux I have been doing the updates/testing of scripts, plugins and hardware in baby steps.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Yup; here involved in moderation of a couple of other forums.

I noticed a huge increase in spam posts on these other two forums just in the last two weeks.
                        It was amazing to me that users manually take the time to register and then spam for one post. One day two weeks ago we hand over three hundred individual users manually create an account and post. Who would take the time to do this only to have it deleted? I wish that's all I had to do

Comment

Yup; mostly my visits / moderation lately have not been related to posting anything but rather just cleanup of spam.

Literally this is the first time I have seen this in the last 2-3 years.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Guess I learned my lesson. I was just following directions for installing and the first thing it stated was to upgrade. I will definitely watch the boards before I do any more!!

Could you point me to the directions to revert back the x10 plugin?

Comment

Just copy the file HSPI_X10 in your Zee HomeSeer root directory to something else and then copy one of the attached over to the root.

NOTE: before you do this disable your X-10 plugin and shut down homeseer but not your Zee box. If you are using Windows utilize WinSCP and Putty to play. I have attached both the DLL and EXE versions of the plugin in one zipped file. The assumption is that you are using a Wintel machine to get to your HS Zee.

1 - Disable X10 plugin on Zee
                              2 - Shut down HS3 on Zee
                              3 - Wintel - Connect to Zee with WinSCP
                              4 - In WinSCP rename the HSPI_X10 file in the HomeSeer directory to something like *.bak
                              5 - copy over the same file in the attached Zip to your root HomeSeer directory
                              6 - reboot or just start up your HS3 on the zee by typing sudo ./go at an SSH prompt while in HomeSeer directory
                              7 - enable your X-10 plugin and you should be good to go.
                              Attached Files
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X