Gmail error, first time setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail error, first time setup

Troller Zee, trying to send an email during an event. I have read all documentation, and there is no step by step procedure for a newbie to perform this easy task.

I installed an Everspring Water Sensor, the sensor triggers my setup event into Alarm state or 255 change, but I get an email error in the log. Here it is:

Jan-18 10:13:03 AM Z-Wave Device: Basment Furnace Water Alarm Status set to NO ALARM (0)
    Jan-18 10:12:54 AM Warning Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.
    Jan-18 10:12:54 AM Error Exception creating email for sending (To:myaddress@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Home Automation Alert, Attach = An exception was thrown by the type initializer for {0x2}  

I have set up my gmail name & password in Setup, I have checked the Gmail Box, In the event setup I also entered the To Email, but I have no instructions concerning the From Email, I tried it with & without my email, makes no difference.
    Can anyone help me with direction from here Please ?
    Last edited by tvlarry; January 18, 2014, 04:40 PM.

Here's a thread on this same topic:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162420
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

tvlarry's issue is "An exception was thrown by the type initializer for {0x2}  "

The link issue is " '@' is not a valid email address.Parameter name: address"

This is a Gmail specific issue. The fix for the referenced thread was "Leave the 'From' address under Setup blank."

With Gmail the "'From' address under Setup blank." is greyed out.
      Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Also in the log:
        Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Good eye. First ensure you are running the latest HS version for the Zee (released 1/18/14) I would ten check Bugzilla and if the issue hasn't been listed add a new ticket on this issue.
          Last edited by Rupp; January 18, 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Current version is: HS3 Zee Edition 3.0.0.54 No updates available.

removed gmail address in setup, same issue

what should be in the from address in the event window ?

there is horrible lack of instructions for this model for simple procedures.

thank you all

Comment

ok I have the download, looks like 2 folders, now I do not know how to load the new file in HomeSeer. I did a backup, but I do not know how to manually load a downloaded file into this program.

Comment

whoa - dont use that release Rupp linked to - that is for the Linux version of HS, thats not the right version for the Zee.

Your email error is actually on the event that you have setup. You have info missing in your event that throws that error.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sorry about that. I'll remove the link to remove confusion. For the Zee updates go into setup and check for updates.

Comment

My selection for the event was very easy:

If "this device had its value range of" "255 to 255" ( I also tried "Alarm" )

Then "send an email" to: myemail@gmail.com

is this not the correct event setup ?

Comment

I also tried other actions in the event like

If "this devices changes & becomes" " ALARM"

Then "send an email"

Comment

Try deleting that event completely and creating a new event. Make sure the email address doesnt have any spaces or anything in the 'to' address..
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Can not leave the TO EMAIL Field blank / here is the error

Jan-18 9:43:27 PM Warning Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.
                          Jan-18 9:43:27 PM Warning None of the email addresses appear to be valid for message 'Home Automation Alert' - check your eMail message settings in HomeSeer.
                          Jan-18 9:43:27 PM Event Event Trigger "Water Sensors Furnace Area Leak Detect"
                          Jan-18 9:43:27 PM Z-Wave Device: Basment Furnace Water Alarm Status set to NO ALARM (0)
                          Jan-18 9:43:26 PM Warning Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.
                          Jan-18 9:43:26 PM Warning None of the email addresses appear to be valid for message 'Home Automation Alert' - check your eMail message settings in HomeSeer.
                          Jan-18 9:43:26 PM Event Event Water Sensors Furnace Area Leak Detect, Action of Send an Email could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.
                          Jan-18 9:43:26 PM Event Event Trigger "Water Sensors Furnace Area Leak Detect"
                          Jan-18 9:43:26 PM Z-Wave Device: Basment Furnace Water Alarm Status set to IN ALARM (255)

Comment

Also, fyi, I tried a different email account under AOL, changed the settings under Setup to the AOL send settings & port, tried to send a text under event email settings to an AT&T phone number, same issue, then tried to send to my AOL email under event, all the same error message, every single time, so I don't think its a gmail setting issue.
                            I have no idea other than this Troller is not working to set up an email alert.

Still need your help people, I am lost.

Comment

ISSUE RESOLVED !

Went into system menu & performed a soft reset-reboot, then got this message:
                              Jan-19 9:47:06 AM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:myemail@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Home Automation Alert, Attach = 5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at5.7.8 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...y?answer=14257

Turns out that after the reboot, HomeSeer software corrupted my gmail password, I saw something was wrong with the length of the character string, it was too long, so I re-entered the password, and it worked.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X