No announcement yet.

Zee and X10, does it work for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I wondered if in the end you have your Zee working OK with the TI103?
    I am about to try the same setup.

Thanks

John

Comment

X10 interface and needing a repeater!

What X10 are people using for HomeTroller Zee. The only one I can get to work is CM11. I would have thought as long as it has been out we should be able to us the TI103. I keep trying and nothing will work but the CM11.

Would any one have a Smarthome 4826 B repeater they would like to get rid of, or any repeater for X10, please let me know. Thank you
      danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
        What X10 are people using for HomeTroller Zee. The only one I can get to work is CM11. I would have thought as long as it has been out we should be able to us the TI103. I keep trying and nothing will work but the CM11.

Would any one have a Smarthome 4826 B repeater they would like to get rid of, or any repeater for X10, please let me know. Thank you
        TI103 is supported and does work. If you can't get your's working, open a helpdesk ticket.
        Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Loosing battle

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          TI103 is supported and does work. If you can't get your's working, open a helpdesk ticket.
          I could not tell you how many helpdesk tickets I have sent on this issue, plus bugzilla. I had just stopped after a while, I felt as I was fighting a loosing battle in getting any help.
          I have just kept hoping and looking for updates to fix the issue.
          Thanks, maybe I will try it again, been a long time since I had last tired, last night I just has some free time and thought i would try it again and nothing. I use to watch the board everyday. I bet is been over 7 months or more since I last been on here, because I was not getting any help at all. Everybody was more involved in Z wave, I just dont have the money to switch with all the units I use. When i bought Homeseer, about 10 years ago or maybe even longier, i got it for X10. then is seemed as if they have given up on giving help with any X10 issues. I will try again today, and maybe try another trouble ticket.
          Day one when it wouldnt work, and you are to have 30 days of free technical help, I did not get any from tech support other then they are working on it. Another homeseer on the post, did go into my system and updated a X10 dll to get at least CM11 to work. I had nothing working and could not figure out how they could send something out that didnt work the way they advertised. 30 days of fighting with them I just gave up and figured it was going to be a book end that I have wasted my money on, until this great person, sorry i dont remember who it was, but helped me get at-least CM11 to work. I should have sent it back after 30 days after know what I got, but after he got it working with the one interface, I though I would give it a try. I know it was stupid, I should have sent it back and got the upgrade for my homeseer pro. To this day I could kick my self for not doing that, and wasting $200.00. Thank you for you help and concern.
          danielbo

Comment

Ok, it all plugged in and say INFO:Starting...

Ok, it all plugged in and say INFO:Starting...
            Is what am showing in the Plug-in Status column. Is that what is should say? For how long should I wait. its been about 2 minutes now. I will try check again, just wounder how long it should take for this to start up? and if this is what I should be seeing? Did you change any thing on the config screen?
            Thanks in advance for any help.
            danielbo

Comment

Daniel, it should say "OK" in the status maybe after 2 minutes or so assuming the HS3 has found the TI103 through the USB interface.
              What is showing in the Com port column for the X10 interface?

Comment

I am using the TI103 although on hs3pro, but mine does show OK in the plugin status. I have the com Port set on that first screen then on the config screen I just have the Current Protocol drop down set to TI103/213, none of the check boxes are selected. Baud rate at 9600 and polling at 4000. Let me stop and start the plugin and see what the log shows on startup.

It took about 3 seconds maybe to go from INFO:Starting to OK. Here are the log entries from the restart:

Mar-05 4:21:01 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10
                Mar-05 4:21:01 PM Info TI103 Plug-in, Version 3.0.35
                Mar-05 4:21:01 PM ACT TI103 Calling initIO in TI103 with port:COM6
                Mar-05 4:21:00 PM Info Plugin X10 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58019

Reverse order as you can tell.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JWD View Post
                  Daniel, it should say "OK" in the status maybe after 2 minutes or so assuming the HS3 has found the TI103 through the USB interface.
                  What is showing in the Com port column for the X10 interface?
                  I am just reading up on this, did you click on the plus sign and add another line or do you use just the one line.
                  I am using /dev/ttyUSB0
                  danielbo

Comment

Working...
                  X