X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danielbo
    replied
    Originally posted by JWD View Post
    Daniel, it should say "OK" in the status maybe after 2 minutes or so assuming the HS3 has found the TI103 through the USB interface.
    What is showing in the Com port column for the X10 interface?
    I am just reading up on this, did you click on the plus sign and add another line or do you use just the one line.
    I am using /dev/ttyUSB0

Leave a comment:

• cerjzc
    replied
    I am using the TI103 although on hs3pro, but mine does show OK in the plugin status. I have the com Port set on that first screen then on the config screen I just have the Current Protocol drop down set to TI103/213, none of the check boxes are selected. Baud rate at 9600 and polling at 4000. Let me stop and start the plugin and see what the log shows on startup.

It took about 3 seconds maybe to go from INFO:Starting to OK. Here are the log entries from the restart:

Mar-05 4:21:01 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in X10
    Mar-05 4:21:01 PM Info TI103 Plug-in, Version 3.0.35
    Mar-05 4:21:01 PM ACT TI103 Calling initIO in TI103 with port:COM6
    Mar-05 4:21:00 PM Info Plugin X10 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58019

Reverse order as you can tell.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    replied
    Daniel, it should say "OK" in the status maybe after 2 minutes or so assuming the HS3 has found the TI103 through the USB interface.
    What is showing in the Com port column for the X10 interface?

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    Ok, it all plugged in and say INFO:Starting...

Ok, it all plugged in and say INFO:Starting...
    Is what am showing in the Plug-in Status column. Is that what is should say? For how long should I wait. its been about 2 minutes now. I will try check again, just wounder how long it should take for this to start up? and if this is what I should be seeing? Did you change any thing on the config screen?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    Loosing battle

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    TI103 is supported and does work. If you can't get your's working, open a helpdesk ticket.
    I could not tell you how many helpdesk tickets I have sent on this issue, plus bugzilla. I had just stopped after a while, I felt as I was fighting a loosing battle in getting any help.
    I have just kept hoping and looking for updates to fix the issue.
    Thanks, maybe I will try it again, been a long time since I had last tired, last night I just has some free time and thought i would try it again and nothing. I use to watch the board everyday. I bet is been over 7 months or more since I last been on here, because I was not getting any help at all. Everybody was more involved in Z wave, I just dont have the money to switch with all the units I use. When i bought Homeseer, about 10 years ago or maybe even longier, i got it for X10. then is seemed as if they have given up on giving help with any X10 issues. I will try again today, and maybe try another trouble ticket.
    Day one when it wouldnt work, and you are to have 30 days of free technical help, I did not get any from tech support other then they are working on it. Another homeseer on the post, did go into my system and updated a X10 dll to get at least CM11 to work. I had nothing working and could not figure out how they could send something out that didnt work the way they advertised. 30 days of fighting with them I just gave up and figured it was going to be a book end that I have wasted my money on, until this great person, sorry i dont remember who it was, but helped me get at-least CM11 to work. I should have sent it back after 30 days after know what I got, but after he got it working with the one interface, I though I would give it a try. I know it was stupid, I should have sent it back and got the upgrade for my homeseer pro. To this day I could kick my self for not doing that, and wasting $200.00. Thank you for you help and concern.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by danielbo View Post
    What X10 are people using for HomeTroller Zee. The only one I can get to work is CM11. I would have thought as long as it has been out we should be able to us the TI103. I keep trying and nothing will work but the CM11.

Would any one have a Smarthome 4826 B repeater they would like to get rid of, or any repeater for X10, please let me know. Thank you
    TI103 is supported and does work. If you can't get your's working, open a helpdesk ticket.

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    X10 interface and needing a repeater!

What X10 are people using for HomeTroller Zee. The only one I can get to work is CM11. I would have thought as long as it has been out we should be able to us the TI103. I keep trying and nothing will work but the CM11.

Would any one have a Smarthome 4826 B repeater they would like to get rid of, or any repeater for X10, please let me know. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• JWD
    replied
    Hi, I wondered if in the end you have your Zee working OK with the TI103?
    I am about to try the same setup.

Thanks

John

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    What X10 interface are you using?

I have a few different interfaces for x10, but with the new update I cant change them. My TI was working great, but now it doesn't seem to be putting out a strong signal like it was. Every time I try to use another one, they system gets stuck on the page saying "refreshing". Everything was working perfect till I updated. So I don't think its my interface, I think its the up grade. But just was wondering what everyone else is using on Zee and X10. Thanks for any information.

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    Zee is working with ACT interface

I did the update, made all the changes to ACT and rebooted Zee. Went back to the set up and its back to CM11. I manually changed it to ACT interface and everything works great so far, but only been a few hours. The issue I am having now, if I have to reboot, I have to go into the setup and change it back to ACT. No big deal, but shouldnt have to do this.
    Anyone with an idea?
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    A great man too. Knows how to talk to a person who know nothing about what is going on. He can talk to you at your level of knowledge of homeseer. He is the greatest. I would rather pay him for support. I have gotten support from him so much faster, well nothing from Homeseer come to think about it. I did get message that said they was out of town a while back and would work on it as soon as they returned to the office. I think I have submitted 3 support tickets, and 2 bugzilla. (nothing) Once to Pete and within the hour.
    Thank you Pete!

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    @danielbo - I wish we could upvote your remarks. Pete is a fountain of knowledge here and provides an enormous amount of support here - sometimes more than HST themselves.

He's helped me tremendously as well - thanks Pete!

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    Thank you

I can not thank Pete enough for helping me with my problem. I would do the update when a new one would come out, and then I was in the dark until I get in touch with Pete to help me out of the dark. A great man, and wish HS would listen to him, and help resolve the problems we having with Zee. I am so happy to have Pete to fall back on, but I should have this 30 day support. They say if you purchase the support you get priority. I cant see purchasing support, when it is for something you have paid for and does not work they way its is supposed to. When they released Zee, does any one know if ACT worked? If it did, they should be able to fall back to that plug in, if it didn't, it should not have been released.
    To me this is like, I am a apartment owner. I advertise we have a pool, spa, workout room. People sign a lease and instead of a three bedroom apartment, they get a one room. I with a promise from me for the rest. I am sure people would sign a year lease with me, just on my word. Zee, these things was not promised to come, they was to be there.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Yup; from here got danielbo running again by downgrading his X10 plugin.

I cannot though see if his lights are going on or off from the midwest.

I can only see the logs and or errors.

He has switched to testing his TI103 device a few times and has had bad luck with it. IE: Zee not working with TI103.

That said I see the newest updated plugin has some serial port speed adjustment thing on it for those using the TI103. I don't have a TI103 to test with.

I suggested that he stick to using his CM11A until the issues are cleaned up with the TI103.

I did not see any errors when it quit working with the TI103.

That said I then downgraded to previous version and his X10 started to work again; IE: he sent me an email.

I just renamed his new updated HS directory to old and used a backup of his Homeseer3 directory to get him going.

We have been reviewing methodologies of backing up his Homeseer 3 directories in Linux.

Leave a comment:

• danielbo
    replied
    Thanks marcomark

I will try to call tomorrow, a busy day today. I know the Zee will be great for me, and I love it when Pete gets it working. But I know not to do an update until I find out what is going to do. I so want to get ACT interface to run instead of using CM11-A. If we could get it to work, or even do upgrade and keep CM11-A working without Petes help, this would be a big plus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X