Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZEE - Play audio files

Hi,

I was never able to play audio files in ZEE - no error in the log but it did not work
    Now, I have updated to version 3.0.0.68 - when trying to play an audio file, I get the error:

Feb-20 10:01:19 PM Error In PlayWavFile: ApplicationName='./play_audio.sh', CommandLine='/usr/local/HomeSeer/Media/doorbell_x.wav', CurrentDirectory=''

Any ideas what can cause this error?
    Last edited by valdea; February 23, 2014, 09:18 AM. Reason: SOLVED

Try copying the media file to the /HomeSeer/Wave directory to see if it will play from there.
    Last edited by Pete; February 20, 2014, 10:54 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Good New on my part!

After the last upgrade my system is working great. Adding more and more to it. All the modules are running great all put a dusk to dawn light. I don't want it to run all night. It is shutting off, just not starting back up unless I click the switch. I have tried three different ones. The light has been going off, but not back on at sunset.
      I think this is going to work great for me. With having to use more and more florescent lights, I need so many more appliance modules, and all my lamp modules are not good for much of nothing.
      Would next like to try making my own homeseer touch screens. Doesn't look hard, and might be fun. I have seen some really neat ones.
      danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Try copying the media file to the /HomeSeer/Wave directory to see if it will play from there.
        Same error - looks like a bug that they tried to fix but ... it is still not working

Comment

Try backing up your Homeseer directory to another computer; then restore the original image; upgrade it and see if the wave file works there.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Try backing up your Homeseer directory to another computer; then restore the original image; upgrade it and see if the wave file works there.
            I did a fresh install ( original image and new PI) and got the same error
            Also, when I try to run "Run Another Program or Process" I get the error:

Feb-22 6:03:47 PM Error Event New Group test failed to launch \home\homeseer\ocr_pi.png as the file could not be found

(ignore the .png ... for any other file I get the same error )

I was never able to run either of these two event options on my Zee

Comment

Apologies valdea.

I had left my Zee at version .54 and never connected the audio output to play. (also not playing with audio right now on the Ubuntu HS3 box)
              I have these little tiny IBM combo speaker/microphone USB powered devices; old now but they used to include them with IBM PCs a few years back. These do make nice little audio test monitors. I did plug in the USB power supply piece to the Zee along with the audio input cable to test.

Tonight did the following:

1 - Tested and validated the audio hardware - it was fine
              2 - Played TTS with Zee version .54 and it was fine
              3 - Played a media file with Zee version .54. - error as above looking for file labeled '' - audio wave file did not play.
              4 - Updated Zee; initially to V.55; then to V.68
              5 - Played TTS with version .68 and it was fine
              6 - Played media file with Zee version .68 - error as above:
              Feb-20 10:01:19 PM Error In PlayWavFile: ApplicationName='./play_audio.sh', CommandLine='/usr/local/HomeSeer/Media/doorbell_x.wav', CurrentDirectory=''
              7 - created a new file called play_audio.sh and put it in the root Homeseer directory.

#!/bin/sh
              aplay -D default "$1"
              8 - change the play_audio.sh file

chmod +x play_audio.sh
              9 - tested an manual event to play back a wave file and it worked fine with Zee V.68

Yup something was left out as you wrote earlier.

looks like a bug that they tried to fix but ...
              BTW same issue exists with the Ubuntu HS3 Pro version and audio wave file playback (that and I haven't updated it in a while).
              Last edited by Pete; February 22, 2014, 10:35 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

I really appreciate your help - yes this change did solve the problem
                The TTS option always worked for me - just the audio file play was a problem

Comment

Pete,

I just want to clarify something - that "Angry" face had nothing to do with the steps involved to debug the problem
                  Also, I am using this feature just because I did not find another decent way of doorbell like notification for my open door contacts.

Thank you,

Comment

Victor,

No concerns; I had fun with it. The Zee is sitting right next to the HS2 boxes. I just never got around to hooking up the audio on it. Here I am mixing the two audio outputs from the two HS2 boxes these days. Lately been mostly playing with the Ubuntu HS3 box. I had though run remote plugins on the Zee concurrent with HS3 Lite working while talking to the other HS3 box.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X