Backup / restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup / restore

I finally have my Zee working perfectly. I only have two light switches and a Yale lock, but it took me several tries to get everything working. My question is, now that it works, can I backup the Zee and perhaps more importantly can I restore it? Of course I could test this, but I don't want to break it after a full day of getting it to work. Here's my idea:
    Backup
    1. Take the SD card out of the Zee and back it up using Win32 Disk Imager
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
    2. Backup the configuration from the Zee's setup - general tab
    Restore
    1. Log on to the Zee web page - plugins - zwave - controller management then select erase this interface.
    2. Restore the SD card using Win32 Disk Imager
    3. Restore the configuration file

I seems like it should work, but I thought the z-wave network addresses may now be out of sync and it would not work.

I have a related follow-on, since I've had at least one "issue" restoring from the Backup Config files... Are scripts saved as part of this backup? (Mine are nowhere to be found after doing a Restore Config onto a freshly imaged SD).

Edit: Luckily, I was able to find the necessary scripts on a previous image I'd saved - but it would still be nice to know if the script directory is actually saved as part of the one-click Backup function. (If not, I feel a bug report coming on, because mismatched scripts could easily make a Backup useless or severely degraded).
    Last edited by NutsyHome; May 9, 2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I keep a backup of the HS3 directory. Sometimes on the Zee or whatever I have copied it to.

For wintel have a look at WinSCP.

http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I, too, keep a backup of the HS folder on the zee as well as an image.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Note that WinSCP provides a Wintel Explorer view to you Zee.

That said it is a powerful tool when you give it root access; such that you have to be careful using it.

It does provide you with a 10,000 foot view and is a bit different than a command line view of the Zee using SSH. Its really more related to what you are most comfortable with using.
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X