HomeTroller Zee Beta 3.0.0.83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller Zee Beta 3.0.0.83

A Zee build 3.0.0.80 is available for testing, not released yet.

You can manually update to this build using this procedure:

Manually updating the HomeTroller Zee

Just replace the version number with "83".

See the HS3 Beta forum for release notes in this build.

We are putting this out as a Beta due to the addition of our MyHomeSeer remote access service being added. We want some testing time with this service before we release an official update. See the MyHomeSeer Forum for more information.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Installed and started fine. Noted ASP issues with request.querystring are indeed fixed as per bugzilla.

Will do more testing over coming days. Thanks for getting this update out guys
    Nicolai L

Comment

I'm seeing higher CPU usage with this release - over 95%. Prior to this release, I was only seeing around 50%

Anyone else confirm?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Where is the download link for the Zee beta?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Where is the download link for the Zee beta?
          He (rjh) has it as a beta, so you have to:
          ssh to your zee as user homeseer
          cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
          ./updatehs.sh 80

I cranked up 'top' with an update every 2 seconds. My load average is pretty high - a lot higher than the previous release. Let me know what your load average looks like...
          Last edited by rmasonjr; April 17, 2014, 01:28 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Thank-you Rob!

Updated.

Current Date/Time: 4/17/2014 2:56:44 PM CDT
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Zee Edition 3.0.0.80 (Linux)
            HomeSeer: Is Registered
            Noticed this too on the updating checking.

all Raspberry Pi firmware updating tool - current V.20130510 and new V.20140321
            Reading package lists...
            Building dependency tree...
            Reading state information...
            The following packages will be upgraded:
            rpi-update
            1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
            Need to get 4398 B of archives.
            After this operation, 1024 B of additional disk space will be used.
            Get:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ wheezy/main rpi-update all 20140321 [4398 B]
            Fetched 4398 B in 0s (14.8 kB/s)
            (Reading database ... 137488 files and directories currently installed.)
            Preparing to replace rpi-update 20130510 (using .../rpi-update_20140321_all.deb) ...
            Unpacking replacement rpi-update ...
            Setting up rpi-update (20140321) ...
            Last edited by Pete; April 17, 2014, 02:47 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah, getting some REAL high CPU with HSTouch enabled and *no* clients connected. Here's top before HSTouch is enabled and after it is enabled:
              Attached Files

Comment

@Rob

Started here with a new baseline on the Zee. Disabled everything, no scripts nor plugins and restarted Zee.

Its been a few hours now and see the following. It is higher than when I started.

running comand top -b -n 1

top - 17:00:21 up 18:31, 0 users, load average: 0.22, 0.16, 0.14
                Tasks: 70 total, 1 running, 69 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
                %Cpu(s): 11.5 us, 1.2 sy, 0.0 ni, 87.1 id, 0.2 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
                KiB Mem: 448180 total, 306808 used, 141372 free, 46072 buffers
                KiB Swap: 102396 total, 0 used, 102396 free, 196304 cached
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks Pete. I'm toying with a couple of ideas.

One option is to update the version of Mono and see if that improves performance. I'm also considering wiping the Zee back to factory original and update HS and HSTouch to see if I can pinpoint when the CPU spike occurs. I dont know if HST is interested in these approaches or not, but I'll document the journey regardless
                  Last edited by rmasonjr; April 21, 2014, 09:18 AM. Reason: words

Comment

Here CPU is not going up. Went down actually.

Before re enabling the HS3 Zee I was just running the HAI HS3 plugin with a remote connection to HS3 Pro.

I did similiar testing with the UPB HS3 plugin running it remotely on the HS3 Zee box talking to the HS3 Pro.

I can also run HS3 Zee and the two aforementioned plugins autonomously on the Zee and they do work fine talking to the HS3 Pro but all three running will ding CPU performance on the Zee.

top - 10:39:13 up 1 day, 12:10, 0 users, load average: 0.42, 0.27, 0.19
                    Tasks: 70 total, 1 running, 69 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
                    %Cpu(s): 11.4 us, 1.2 sy, 0.0 ni, 87.3 id, 0.1 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
                    KiB Mem: 448180 total, 316088 used, 132092 free, 53912 buffers
                    KiB Swap: 102396 total, 0 used, 102396 free, 197056 cached
                    Here when I first installed Webmin a whole bunch of updates also came up. It took some 2 hours for these updates to install.

I thought the updates would break the Zee and they did not.

Current Mono is:

Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8.1 (Debian 2.10.8.1-8)
                    Here is some stuff:

https://packages.debian.org/search?s...&keywords=mono
                    Last edited by Pete; April 21, 2014, 11:16 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I've upgraded to .83 on the Zee and restarted. I'm getting the following error when running a C# script. Now hands up, this is the first time I've tried running the script (its the example c# script from the user manual) so I can't confirm if its ever worked 8-)

Compiling script /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Test.cs: {interactive}(16,1): error CS0433: The imported type `string' is defined multiple times {interactive}(16,12): error CS0433: The imported type `System.DateTime' is defined multiple times {interactive}(20,1): error CS0433: The imported type `System.Console' is defined multiple times Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Object' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.ValueType' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Attribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Int32' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.UInt32' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Int64' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.UInt64' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Single' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Double' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Char' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Int16' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Decimal' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Boolean' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.SByte' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Byte' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.UInt16' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.String' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Enum' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Delegate' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.MulticastDelegate' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Void' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Array' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Type' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Collections.IEnumerator' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Collections.IEnumerable' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.IDisposable' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.IntPtr' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.UIntPtr' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.RuntimeFieldHandle' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.RuntimeTypeHandle' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Exception' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.ParamArrayAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Runtime.InteropServices.OutAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.ObsoleteAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImportAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.MethodImplAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Runtime.InteropServices.MarshalAsAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Runtime.InteropServices.InAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IndexerNameAttribute' is defined multiple times. Using definition from `mscorlib.dll' Internal(1,1): warning CS1685: The predefined type

Comment

Fixed 8-)

I was calling 'Main' which is un-necessary. Clear the 'sub or function' and it works fine.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Phill

Comment

You may get that error when you run the first script only.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich.

I am getting the following error consistently when I run it.

Apr-25 16:15:41 C# Day: Fri

Apr-25 16:15:41 CSHARP From C# script

Apr-25 16:15:41 Event Running script in background: /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/Test.cs

Apr-25 16:15:41 Event Event Trigger "Testing C# Script"

Apr-25 16:15:41 Event Event Testing C# Script triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Apr-25 16:15:41 Error Exception in local_add: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Comment

from what I am reading in this thread, does this version allow you to make a ASP page...vs ASPX? Either way, does it provide a way to put a command INTO the Zee? i.e. I can create a webpage that takes a querrystring from the URL, and does something with it? I.e. sets a value or executes an event?

--Dan
                              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X