Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave Door lock child device status not pick up by Homeseer

Hi,
    I just install a zwave door lock and it is working fine, but with some status feedback problem.
    There is 1 root device and 4 child devices created automatically after inclusion done. The 4 child devices are:
    - zwave application status device (Q1)
    - zwave battery device (Q2)
    - zwave door lock (Q3)
    - zwave door lock logging (Q4)
    Homesser only pick up status from Q2 and Q3. But not for the Q4 device. This Q4 device actually do have various status feedback from the door lock, such as unlock by keypad, unlock by manual, user code changed, user code deleted, and etc.. These status are very useful for auto event triggering based on the door lock current status. But, homeseer seem not able to pick up this information.
    I have attached some screenshots in this message.
    Appreciates if someone can help in to fix this.

Thanks....

YF Chin
    Attached Files

Did you associate door lock root w/ HS? You can check that under device properties. If it is not associated it will not report back status changes.

Normally I think HS should automatically set this association but it could be flaky.

I also found that even with this and good network every once in a while the status stops reporting. I reoptimize network, reboot HS and pray and eventually it comes back. I have no idea what exactly is the problem but I can tell you HS and door locks are not good friends in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
      Did you associate door lock root w/ HS? You can check that under device properties. If it is not associated it will not report back status changes.

Normally I think HS should automatically set this association but it could be flaky.

I also found that even with this and good network every once in a while the status stops reporting. I reoptimize network, reboot HS and pray and eventually it comes back. I have no idea what exactly is the problem but I can tell you HS and door locks are not good friends in general.
      Hi Person,
      Yes, I did associated the root device with HS. But, there is only 2 group available to associate. Group 1 and Group 2. Shouldn't it be at least 4 group available to be associated if this door lock have 4 child devices?

YF Chin

Comment

I only have HS2 and I don't remember which group is offered in the HS GUI but there is only one. I don't think there is association per each child device - it is per lock.

You might want to rescan/re-add the lock again when close to your z-troller. Also try to optimize. Like I said HS and door locks don't interact well and redoing those helped sometimes for me.

Comment

Chin, did you ever resolve this issue? If so, how. Seeing the exact same issue with one of my Yale locks. All other devices work except 'lock logging'.

Comment

Working...
          X