Update Z Stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Z Stick?

I was reading that the Aeon Z stick that comes with the Hometroller Zee can be updated. Has anyone done this or know how to do this? Thanks

you can update the firmware.

the firmware can be downloaded here:
    http://aeotec.com/support

or by contacting Aeon labs support.
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Z Stick Model?

Thanks for the link. One more basic question - which model of the Z stick comes with the Zee?

Comment

Mac Users Cannot Update Z Sticks

I just heard back from Aeon and you cannot update a Z stick on a Mac . I'm supposed to find a friend with a Windows machine. Really??

Comment

i feel your pain.

i have a DVR that will not work with anything newer than IE8.

take it to best buy and do it there
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

If you bought a Zee from us, it includes a Z-Stick with the most up to date firmware already on it. Notice that the firmware on the Aeon site is from 2010.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanz View Post
              I just heard back from Aeon and you cannot update a Z stick on a Mac . I'm supposed to find a friend with a Windows machine. Really??
              You could virtualize windows on a mac, use something like fusion.

Comment

I may have to look for a solution like that. Like it or not HA is still a mostly PC world. Although I heard that Apple is going to announce that they're jumping into HA. I'm sure it won't be inexpensive if they do!

Comment

I have experience with fusion, it works quite well on intel macs. You can just bring up the virtual machine when ever you need to flash something... It doesn't need to be running all the time. Fusion has good support for USB.

Comment

Working...
                  X