Scripts in Hometroller zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripts in Hometroller zee

His is it possibleto run the same scripts in the Zee as in in Windows environment?
    I have a script that opens a comport and connects to an external I/O board.
    Would that script work?

You might have some difficulties with Linux and COM ports due to bug #1457, the scripting calls have not been updated on Linux to support string based serial port names.

Comment

I open the comport this way:
      hs.OpenComPort 2,"2400,o,8,1",1,"callback.txt",""

Is this a string based port name?
      Is it any way to solve this in that case?

Comment

The first parameter in hs.opencomport is an integer (in your case 2) which is fine for Windows applications as ports will always be called COMx where x is an integer. Not knowing an awful lot about Linux but from what I have played with the port names will always be strings (ie ttyS0 or something like that) and never numbers. The plugin API was changed to support this but the HS calls do not appear to have been changed, until that bug is fixed I can't see you can do anything. I can't imagine HS will change the parameter as that potentially will cause a number of plugins to break so they may produce a new scripting call instead.

Comment

Hi!

Any news on this Bug #1457?

Or is my only option to switch back to a Windows based controller?

Comment

You can use the SerialPort class in .NET. Running scripts on the Zee can be done, but compilation and execution is pretty slow.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
            X