When will Zee be able to run plugins - Here's the current list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will Zee be able to run plugins - Here's the current list

I see some people on the forums are running the Linux version of HS3 on their Raspberry Pis with plugins.

Seems to me that this should also be possible to do on the Zee soon?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

+1
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Are there any good overview of which plug-ins (if any) that work on the zee?

Comment

As of today, this is the current list:
        Attached Files

Comment

The current list is very limited. I'm planning to make the Zee into a "moveable" home automation, but I need the RFXCOM plugin too...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Magnus, you can run the RFXCOM plugin "solo" concurrently with running HS-Zee HS3 and talk to the other HS3Pro mothership.

I have been testing Rob's HAI Plugin in that manner.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Magnus, you can run the RFXCOM plugin "solo" concurrently with running HS-Zee HS3 and talk to the other HS3Pro mothership.

I have been testing Rob's HAI Plugin in that manner.
              I'm not sure I got that. How do you run a plugin "solo" on a Zee?

Comment

One way is to repurpose the zee's image so that instead of running "mono HSConsole.exe" you just run "mono HSPI_MYPLUGIN.exe server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" etc.

The zee's image is built so that mono is already built and ready to use.

Comment

Please explain, can I run the Zee As a remote node for my existing Hspro3 setup ?
                  What is this mono mode?
                  Thanks,
                  E

Comment

Originally posted by erdek View Post
                    Please explain, can I run the Zee As a remote node for my existing Hspro3 setup ?
                    What is this mono mode?
                    Thanks,
                    E
                    I dont believe so. The new Z-Net interface might be able to, though.

mono is an open-source implementation of the .NET runtime that allows you to run .NET apps on other platforms like Linux.

Comment

One way is to repurpose the zee's image so that instead of running "mono HSConsole.exe" you just run "mono HSPI_MYPLUGIN.exe server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" etc.

The zee's image is built so that mono is already built and ready to use.
                      +1
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pete; February 13, 2015, 11:58 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
                        thanks for the image. Still some questions though:
                        1) I see controls in both houses, is it possible to control devices in one of the other houses?
                        2) if I understand correctly, the least you can do is use a plugin in the first house (HS3 Pro for example) with the Zee in the second house?
                        3)how do I start the Zee in the second house, any instruction how to set this up?

Wait, another one:
                        4) if I use Rfxcom for my Somfy equipment in the first house, can I connect a Rfxcom unit (which are usb connected) to the Zee in the second house, and control Somfy units in the second house by piggybagging on the plugin in the first house? (I know seems to good to be true, just asking).

Also, check this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...35#post1161935

Thanks!

Comment

The next version of the Zee will have options for additional plug-ins. We'll post more information when we get closer to release.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Why not just use an IP USB server at the remote location?
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Already ordered an USB/IP server two days ago, should arrive today, let's see how that works. Still would be nice to be able to use the Zee as an outpost or stepping stone to the (remote) HS3 (Pro) system.

@Pete (or anyone else who is familiar with the setup in Pete's diagram): if you find the time then I would like to know how your setup works.

Comment

Working...
                              X