Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erdek
    replied
    Ok, the Tp-link USB over IP unit I ordered only seems to only support parallel ports, no way to get a serial port running over it. Before ordering I checked with sales support, they told me it would be no problem emulating a serial port. So back to the postoffice to return it...

So if anyone knows of an USB over IP device which works with HS3 and the Z-stick please let me know.
    I found this one: http://www.startech.com/Networking-I...rver~USB1000IP

Cannot find if this will emulate a serial port, any experiences?
    UPDATE: took some port monitoring and fiddling around, but I have the Tp-link unit working with a Z-stick, was able to add it. The original post was about Zee and plugins, so I will continue in another post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...60#post1162460
    Last edited by erdek; February 15, 2015, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Thanks - good information.

I guess I was hoping that these could operate seamlessly with HS.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    How's the reliability with USB/IP servers? I see this on ebay and wondered how folks are finding these type of devices for use with HS.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SEDNA-10-100-...ht_1331wt_1140

Rob
    Some years ago since I used one last but I found the cheap one I had (and still have, I can't get rid of it) absolutely terrible. Some devices just bluescreened windows when I tried to connect and the worst part was that it had software that meant you had to manually click things to connect the devices. This meant it was not ideal for HA as you could not restart the PC and have the devices auto connect.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    How's the reliability with USB/IP servers? I see this on ebay and wondered how folks are finding these type of devices for use with HS.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SEDNA-10-100-...ht_1331wt_1140

Rob

Leave a comment:

• erdek
    replied
    Already ordered an USB/IP server two days ago, should arrive today, let's see how that works. Still would be nice to be able to use the Zee as an outpost or stepping stone to the (remote) HS3 (Pro) system.

@Pete (or anyone else who is familiar with the setup in Pete's diagram): if you find the time then I would like to know how your setup works.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    Why not just use an IP USB server at the remote location?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    The next version of the Zee will have options for additional plug-ins. We'll post more information when we get closer to release.

Leave a comment:

• erdek
    replied
    Pete,
    thanks for the image. Still some questions though:
    1) I see controls in both houses, is it possible to control devices in one of the other houses?
    2) if I understand correctly, the least you can do is use a plugin in the first house (HS3 Pro for example) with the Zee in the second house?
    3)how do I start the Zee in the second house, any instruction how to set this up?

Wait, another one:
    4) if I use Rfxcom for my Somfy equipment in the first house, can I connect a Rfxcom unit (which are usb connected) to the Zee in the second house, and control Somfy units in the second house by piggybagging on the plugin in the first house? (I know seems to good to be true, just asking).

Also, check this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...35#post1161935

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    One way is to repurpose the zee's image so that instead of running "mono HSConsole.exe" you just run "mono HSPI_MYPLUGIN.exe server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" etc.

The zee's image is built so that mono is already built and ready to use.
    +1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; February 13, 2015, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by erdek View Post
    Please explain, can I run the Zee As a remote node for my existing Hspro3 setup ?
    What is this mono mode?
    Thanks,
    E
    I dont believe so. The new Z-Net interface might be able to, though.

mono is an open-source implementation of the .NET runtime that allows you to run .NET apps on other platforms like Linux.

Leave a comment:

• erdek
    replied
    Please explain, can I run the Zee As a remote node for my existing Hspro3 setup ?
    What is this mono mode?
    Thanks,
    E

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    One way is to repurpose the zee's image so that instead of running "mono HSConsole.exe" you just run "mono HSPI_MYPLUGIN.exe server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" etc.

The zee's image is built so that mono is already built and ready to use.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Magnus, you can run the RFXCOM plugin "solo" concurrently with running HS-Zee HS3 and talk to the other HS3Pro mothership.

I have been testing Rob's HAI Plugin in that manner.
    I'm not sure I got that. How do you run a plugin "solo" on a Zee?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Magnus, you can run the RFXCOM plugin "solo" concurrently with running HS-Zee HS3 and talk to the other HS3Pro mothership.

I have been testing Rob's HAI Plugin in that manner.

Leave a comment:

• Moskus
    replied
    The current list is very limited. I'm planning to make the Zee into a "moveable" home automation, but I need the RFXCOM plugin too...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X