Thermostats and HomeTroller Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostats and HomeTroller Zee

The HomeTroller Zee looks like a great device and exactly what I am after to get into home automation. The inclusion of HSTouch really sold me on using HomeSeer. Purchasing HS3Pro was just a little out of my price range and it is great to see HomeSeer including HSTouch at such a good price.

My question relates to thermostats. I intend to purchase three new z-wave thermostats and I want them to be as compatible as possible for easy setup. Can anyone recommend a good thermostat. I have a hot water baseboard setup on the basement and main floor and a hot water in floor heating on the second floor.

Given I live in Edmonton and gets to -40C in winter I think intelligent thermostat settings could save me quite a bit of money.

Normally I am not one to bump but struggling to find info on what thermostats are compatible or even what thermostat was used in the demo video.

Can anyone help or should I contact homeseer support?

Comment

I have 2 Wayne Dalton zwave thermostats and they work OK with the zee. The z-wave thermostats that hs sells should all be compatible.

I love Edmonton. I spent almost a month there for work many years ago. Flattest place I've ever seen.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Agreed, any of the z-wave thermostats should work. If you're planning to buy them from HST, then I would call them or contact them through this form as well and ask for advice.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Tried to find Wayne Dalton thermostats but no luck.

Contact HomeSeer support as I plan to purchase through them. Will post back with there response. I figured out the one they used in the video was a 2GIG, unfortunately that requires direct beam so probably not the best suited for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by driekus View Post
            Thanks for the feedback.

Tried to find Wayne Dalton thermostats but no luck.

Contact HomeSeer support as I plan to purchase through them. Will post back with there response. I figured out the one they used in the video was a 2GIG, unfortunately that requires direct beam so probably not the best suited for my needs.
            Did you put in a help desk request for support or did you use a different email link?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I went to the homeseer store and clicked contact us and clicked pre-sales inquiry.

I think I solved my problem. Dug around the HomeSeer and looked at kits/combos. They offered a thermostat combo with Hometroller Z which includes selection of thermostats. There are 5 thermostats to choose from. Gives me a good idea on compatibility and a good discount for ordering as a combo.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/KitsCombos-C3.aspx
              Last edited by driekus; August 31, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X