Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driekus
    replied
    I went to the homeseer store and clicked contact us and clicked pre-sales inquiry.

I think I solved my problem. Dug around the HomeSeer and looked at kits/combos. They offered a thermostat combo with Hometroller Z which includes selection of thermostats. There are 5 thermostats to choose from. Gives me a good idea on compatibility and a good discount for ordering as a combo.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/KitsCombos-C3.aspx
    Last edited by driekus; August 31, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by driekus View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

Tried to find Wayne Dalton thermostats but no luck.

Contact HomeSeer support as I plan to purchase through them. Will post back with there response. I figured out the one they used in the video was a 2GIG, unfortunately that requires direct beam so probably not the best suited for my needs.
    Did you put in a help desk request for support or did you use a different email link?

Leave a comment:

• driekus
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback.

Tried to find Wayne Dalton thermostats but no luck.

Contact HomeSeer support as I plan to purchase through them. Will post back with there response. I figured out the one they used in the video was a 2GIG, unfortunately that requires direct beam so probably not the best suited for my needs.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Agreed, any of the z-wave thermostats should work. If you're planning to buy them from HST, then I would call them or contact them through this form as well and ask for advice.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    I have 2 Wayne Dalton zwave thermostats and they work OK with the zee. The z-wave thermostats that hs sells should all be compatible.

I love Edmonton. I spent almost a month there for work many years ago. Flattest place I've ever seen.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Leave a comment:

• driekus
    replied
    Normally I am not one to bump but struggling to find info on what thermostats are compatible or even what thermostat was used in the demo video.

Can anyone help or should I contact homeseer support?

Leave a comment:

• driekus
    started a topic Thermostats and HomeTroller Zee

Thermostats and HomeTroller Zee

The HomeTroller Zee looks like a great device and exactly what I am after to get into home automation. The inclusion of HSTouch really sold me on using HomeSeer. Purchasing HS3Pro was just a little out of my price range and it is great to see HomeSeer including HSTouch at such a good price.

My question relates to thermostats. I intend to purchase three new z-wave thermostats and I want them to be as compatible as possible for easy setup. Can anyone recommend a good thermostat. I have a hot water baseboard setup on the basement and main floor and a hot water in floor heating on the second floor.

Given I live in Edmonton and gets to -40C in winter I think intelligent thermostat settings could save me quite a bit of money.
Working...
X