X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drozwood90
    replied
    Sparkman,

Thank you for the link. That is most helpful.
    I think I need to re-submit my ticket.
    When I use that, I get:
    404 Bad Request: /JSON
    as a response.

I'm thinking that ,y HSZee does not have this feature. Maybe I need to update my Zee? Not sure. I'm afraid to update as it is so stable as it is. RMASONJR has shown many issues along the way of upgrading. Maybe it is stable now...

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    So, nothing? Should I re-post in the helpdesk?
    Hi Dan,

Here's the info on the json interface: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm. You send a command using a URL and then the Zee returns a json formatted string. You can parse the string a number of ways.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    So, nothing? Should I re-post in the helpdesk?

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Ok, so do I write a vb.net script to "access" this ... RESTful-JSON interface?

I'm sorry, I might be dense, I'm not following what I need to do to get access to my HSZee in a ROVER-like way.

ROVER-LIKE Mentions Textseer Plugin

Since the Zee doesn't accept other plugins, TEXTSEER is not an option. If I need to contact Support again, I can. I was just hoping someone had already gone through this?

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Ah - I stand corrected. I was referencing the RESTful XML project that another user had worked on. It was much too slow for the Zee.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    HS3's Rest interface returns JSON. Rest is the API and JSON is the format.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    I just got a reply through the helpdesk, apparently the Zee supports REST? I was told to try asking on here for help with it.

Anyone on here use this to talk to the Zee? From poking around, I found a few threads that seem to hint at it, but nothing that would give me (a hardware guy) a guide to write something to talk to the Zee. Anyone have an example?

I typically use this site as well as the Homeseer help documents (for HS specific calls) to write my scripts.
    http://www.w3schools.com/vbscript/

Any guidance?

--Dan
    Not exactly. REST will work if you load up that REST package provided by one of the other users. JSON work better on the zee and is much faster.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    I just got a reply through the helpdesk, apparently the Zee supports REST? I was told to try asking on here for help with it.

Anyone on here use this to talk to the Zee? From poking around, I found a few threads that seem to hint at it, but nothing that would give me (a hardware guy) a guide to write something to talk to the Zee. Anyone have an example?

I typically use this site as well as the Homeseer help documents (for HS specific calls) to write my scripts.
    http://www.w3schools.com/vbscript/

Any guidance?

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Linux - this is my personal opinion. (I use both Wintel and Linux and BSD OS's for a variety of stuff).

I have two Wintel 32bit boxes running Homeseer 2 today.

1 box running Homeseer 3 Pro on a "lite" Ubuntu 64bit build and the Homeseer Zee.

Leave a comment:

• erdek
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbat View Post
    Supported interfaces on the Zee (HS3-Pi)

Thanks for the overview, wish I would have seen it before buying the Zee .

Was hoping to use it as my main controller since I needed to replace my old mini pc (no auto start after power failure, bios update only available for one version higher of pcb).
    Never realised it would have almost zero plugin support, and was hoping that - if it wasn't powerful enough - I could use it as a device to extend my z-wave network like the Hometroller did. No way, so it's useless to me.

So mine is going up for sale after a week of fiddling around with it.

Next project: just received a new Shuttle mini pc, now the question is: Linux or Wintel?

Leave a comment:

• chewie
    replied
    Awesome, thanks again guys!

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by chewie View Post
    Just to check, the Zee supports the JSON interface correct? If so then I have found a work around for not having Nest plugin support in the Zee.
    Yes. It does.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tarbat
    replied
    Supported interfaces on the Zee (HS3-Pi)

Leave a comment:

• chewie
    replied
    Just to check, the Zee supports the JSON interface correct? If so then I have found a work around for not having Nest plugin support in the Zee.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Thank-you Christopher.

Changed the V to A in the above post.

Seems that I can only find that RTC clock you used in the UK doing a quickie search. There are a bunch out there in internetlandia.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X