Lost Z-Wave Interface After Updating System to 3.0.0.138

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Z-Wave Interface After Updating System to 3.0.0.138

I am using a HomeTroller Zee with a Z-Troller z-wave interface. After updating it with the latest HomeSeer version 3.0.0.138, I lost the z-wave interface. I tried powering the system off along with the Z-Troller and restarting, but still no luck.

The zwave sub menu under the plug-ins menu is not there any longer. When I go to the manage menu, it shows a Fatal error for the z-wave interface.

The system log show a couple of warning message which I have listed below: I'm not sure if this is the problem or what to do to fix it?

Nov-02 8:19:57 AM Z-Wave Warning The current Z-Wave database will be copied to a backup name and a new database will be created under the current database name. Nov-02 8:19:57 AM Z-Wave Warning The Z-Wave configuration database is an older version.

I've attached screen dumps showing the system information and the z-wave fatal z-wave sub menu. I've also attached the system log file.

Any suggestion on what to do to fix the problem, would greatly be appreciated. I'm new to Homeseer and Z-Wave, so I need baby steps!

Thank You,
    Kerry
    Attached Files

Please put in a help desk request using this link on this issue as it was supposed to be fixed in the .134 update.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Please put in a help desk request using this link on this issue as it was supposed to be fixed in the .134 update.
      I had exactly the same thing just happen to me when I updated my Zee. My z-wave plugin will not enable, exact same as kerry, same errors in the logs as well. I just put in a helpdesk ticket. I have SSH access so if it's something that can be fixed form command line, I'm ready to go.

using zstick controller
      Last edited by mbdirtfarmer; November 11, 2014, 10:28 AM. Reason: added zstick

Comment

I just crashed my Zee as well...

Is there a solution out there for this easily? My Zee is not a Linux version but the issue appears to be the same. I went to .138 and it seemed to break then. I then updated to .147 and the issue remains. Any help is appreciated! My actual message in the PlugIn management screen shows.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
        Last edited by Genglish; December 24, 2014, 11:35 AM. Reason: Adjusted wording for clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Genglish View Post
          Is there a solution out there for this easily? My Zee is not a Linux version but the issue appears to be the same. I went to .138 and it seemed to break then. I then updated to .147 and the issue remains. Any help is appreciated! My actual message in the PlugIn management screen shows.

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
          To solve this I recommend delete the Z-Wave2.db file in the Data/Z-Wave file and then restart HS.

Comment

Thanks in advance for the quick response RUPP!

well, i tried deleting the file, but it appears to have created it again? in addition, I noticed in use/local/HomeSeer/Data there are MANY HomeSeerData_*.hsd files. It seems to create one every time I reboot? I noticed it building this AM when I updated. Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks in advance for the quick response RUPP!

well, i tried deleting the file, but it appears to have created it again? in addition, I noticed in use/local/HomeSeer/Data there are MANY HomeSeerData_*.hsd files. It seems to create one every time I reboot? I noticed it building this AM when I updated. Any ideas?
              Yes it should get recreated if you delete it. What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? Also is the a journal file in this same location? If so delete it as well.

Comment

Hi Rupp,

Thanks again for helping me out on Christmas Eve!

Z-Wave plugin is 3.0.0.182

In the folder there are three DB files, one DAT file and the backup folder.
                Z-Wave2.db
                Z-Wave2_Ver_20130923.db
                Z-Wave.db
                ZW_Devices.dat
                Backup

There was never a journal file in this folder that I saw. (*.journal) that is.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Rupp,

Thanks again for helping me out on Christmas Eve!

Z-Wave plugin is 3.0.0.182

In the folder there are three DB files, one DAT file and the backup folder.
                  Z-Wave2.db
                  Z-Wave2_Ver_20130923.db
                  Z-Wave.db
                  ZW_Devices.dat
                  Backup

There was never a journal file in this folder that I saw. (*.journal) that is.

Thanks!
                  My last best guess would be to backup all of these files and delete them all (except for the backup directory) and restart the hardware.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X