Homeseer is not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer is not running

I purchased the HomeTroller Zee for the purpose of monitoring and controlling devices in a remote non-occupied condo. I'm experiencing loss of control at least once per week where the software seems to stop running on the HomeTroller. This is not a problem if you are "resident" with the unit and can log in and do a system restart. It is a problem if you are trying to remotely monitor and control devices like thermostats in a climate that often drops far below freezing. Is this normal or do I just have a unit that is unreliable and cannot be trusted to protect a remote condo?

You could put the zee on a manual timer for a daily reboot. Alternatively, you could even have a cron job that reboots it at a particular interval.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
    HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
    79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
    Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
    Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

It should be more reliable than that. I run HS on a Windows XP machine with many plugins and it runs for months if I don't mess with it. I would call HST and see if there are some diagnostics you can do on it to see why it stops working.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
        I purchased the HomeTroller Zee for the purpose of monitoring and controlling devices in a remote non-occupied condo. I'm experiencing loss of control at least once per week where the software seems to stop running on the HomeTroller. This is not a problem if you are "resident" with the unit and can log in and do a system restart. It is a problem if you are trying to remotely monitor and control devices like thermostats in a climate that often drops far below freezing. Is this normal or do I just have a unit that is unreliable and cannot be trusted to protect a remote condo?
        Please contact us tomorrow via phone or helpdesk and we'll have one of our techs work with you on this. phone is 603-471-2816
        Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Do you have HSSentry running?
          Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Working...
          X